Review my first build please...

I am bulding my first PC and would like a review. I plan to use this computer to play games like the sims4, GTA, Minecraft, Secondlife, and code a little. Nothing to heavy. My intentions are to build something powerful on a budget that I can upgrade later without to much of a hassle. I am having trouble picking out a monitor, key board and mouse. I was trying to keep my final price under 1500USD. I am not sure though. 

Sidenote: Not to familar with AMD and am scared to go that route even though I know its all the rage now and days. My friends AMD already crashed on him. Intel is has always been reliable for me. 

Could you guys suggest or add your opinion. Maybe if you have a better build for my budget. Also, monitor either one big one or two I can put together. I plan to buy more little by little by Id like to get started ASAP. 

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=dc2af2e5-bdf8-403f-a75c-1ae4ae766bd8

EVGA 600 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Semi-Modular Power Supply

Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED CPU Cooler

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2020
    Hello @Qpnena! Welcome to the Community. 

Personally speaking, I'm a big fan of AMD's new Ryzen CPUs. I'm rocking a 3700X in my computer and it's been rock solid for me so far. AMD's graphics cards have a little bit of a reputation for not having great drivers, but I've heard nothing but good things about their CPUs after their initial release. While the 9700k is a good CPU, I think it's a little excessive if you're planning on pairing it with a 1660 Super. You could take a step down on the CPU and upgrade your GPU and that would give you a better overall experience. You also have to purchase a cooler separately which is added cost. You also don't need three extra fans for the H510 case, it comes with two already and only has two more slots in the front. 

Does your $1500 budget include the cost of monitor, keyboard, and mouse? Or are those separate? A decent monitor is going to run at least $100 or more, so that's something you'll need to consider. If so, I'd recommend stepping down on the CPU if  because it will free up some wiggle room for you. The Ryzen 5 3600 is an incredibly strong value at its price and doesn't require you to purchase an extra cooler either. 

With that in mind, I put this together: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=37a5769c-1673-40b6-941e-c53c582f0f32

Switches out the i7-9700k for a Ryzen 5 3600X, which is technically a downgrade, and instead we upgrade the GPU to an RTX 2060 and add a Viewsonic XG2401 for the monitor. It's a 24" 1080p/144Hz monitor so it's a pretty nice overall package, and this leaves some room in your budget for a secondary monitor as well, or for switching back to Intel for your CPU if you really aren't comfortable going AMD. 
  • What heat sink/Water Cooler are you going to go with for CPU cooling? @Qpnena
    Just making sure your not going to forget about it. 

• I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but the build looks solid. Everyone is going to have an opinion but if $1,500 is what you got to spend you have a nice build for that amount of money.

rhott25
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99