Zoom

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can you diagnose a problem with my computer?.

Comments

• Have a Lenovo LP IP130 9225/4/500/15.6. Became of audio problem when using ZOOM. No Audio when I first used, Plug in head phones, Audio work for a couple of calls. Now, I get visual but no Audio. Tried troubleshooting but no luck. I am able to get Visual of group, they cannot hear or see me other the my phone # when i am using my phone. Thanks
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @Ohardav51! Welcome to the Community. 

It's like that you're having some audio driver related issues, or the default audio device is set incorrectly. If you're on Windows 10, right-click your Start Button then go to Device Manager. In Device Manager you should find a section labelled "Sound, video and game controllers." Expand that section and uninstall the audio devices listed under it by right-clicking each one and selecting "uninstall device." Once they're all uninstalled, restart your computer. 

After that, double check that your microphone privacy settings aren't preventing access to the microphone. Click your Start Button, go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone. Make sure that microphone access is toggled on, and double-check that Zoom specifically is also allowed. 
  • System said:
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Can you diagnose a problem with my computer?.

• I have a chrome book and when I am on Zoom meetings, it freezes occasionally and the error message says- computer CPU unstable. 
    How do I fix this? I have 2 or 3 zoom meetings a day and it's extremely annoying. 
  • Hello @Renee
    Are you using the Zoom app or the extension on Chrome? I recommend trying the Zoom extension on Chrome. Zoom has an article on how to do that: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201974323-Using-the-Zoom-Chrome-Extension  I see from Google's support page that a number of people have issues with Zoom on their Chromebooks but more users had success by using the extension rather than the App.
    If this does not work, you may have a more reliable connection by using your cell phone for the Zoom meetings. I recommend following Tony's advice and make sure that Zoom has the necessary permissions to run on your phone. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99