Dell Optiplex 7020 refurbished upgrade

Options
Hi there, I'm trying to use this computer for gaming so I'm trying to replace the graphics card, but to do that I think I need a new power source since the stock one isn't enough. I'm new at this so I'm not sure which parts would fit/work best. Your recommendations would be great, thanks! 

Comments

• TS_JosephF
    Options
    Hello @tonyd95 and welcome to the community!
    I am assuming that this is a Small Form Factor PC. I found the specs of it but I cannot determine what the dimensions are for your power supply. I am not sure if it is just a standard PSU or proprietary. Are you able to post some pictures of the inside of your PC? We really need to see the overall size of the power supply and the main connector on the motherboard. I will be happy to see what we have that is compatible with your PC. Also, you mention replacing your current graphics card, what is the model number of that? 
  • tonyd95
    Options
    I hope these help. I'm not very savvy when it comes to parts so forgive me if they aren't the correct ones. 
  • TS_JosephF
    TS_JosephF admin
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you. These pictures were very helpful. Based on your system you would have a 250-watt power supply. Now, I actually would not recommend upgrading the power supply in the system. You should be able to use this Radeon HD 5450 graphics card: https://www.microcenter.com/product/462019/visiontek-radeon-hd-5450-low-profile-passive-cooled-2gb-ddr3-pcie-21-graphics-card
    You do not need any extra cables from the power supply as it will be powered directly from the PCIe slot. Unfortunately, this would be the best graphics card you could use with this Optiplex 7020 with it being a small form factor PC. 
  • tonyd95
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help! Just one more question, how much of an upgrade would this be in graphics compared to what my computer currently has?
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options
    tonyd95 said:
    Thank you so much for your help! Just one more question, how much of an upgrade would this be in graphics compared to what my computer currently has?
    A card like this I would consider more of a desktop graphics card (for additional monitor purposes). Not saying gaming is impossible, you can play older games on it and possibly newer titles at lower resolutions and low/minimum settings. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99