Options
La_Red
La_Red
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I'm looking to purchase this desktop 
SKU: 969147
Mfr Part #:XPS8930-7357BLK
UPC:884116317357
I'm trying to figure out whether it has an M2 slot and whether it has dual or single channel memory. I have been trying to get the store on the phone with no success, and I can't find it in the specs provided online anywhere.  Does anyone know?

Answers

• BubbleMax
    Options
    @La_Red
    From what I'm going to guess this is not M.2 compatible. As these tend to have a pre like 2017 MB's that are mostly green are going to generally be one gen to old for a M.2 

TLDR if you want M.2 you will need most likely a MB upgrade. 

As to the Ram from what I"m seeing of YT reviews of an equivalent build. Most of the MB's in these PC's have dual channel RAM(These if they have to can also run just one stick of RAM.) The only problem is they are LIMITED however to just two Memory sticks. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In my honest opinion there are FAR better PC's that even you could PC game on for 800 dollars. And still get all the stuff you wanted as well get RGB. For what you would be spending on this pc. The PC your looking at is like scaping the bottom of the bucket. 

Plus an i7-9700 is feels awkwardly thrown into this build to just inflate the price. Not to mention any effort to upgrade that build your suggesting would be a nightmare. 

https://www.microcenter.com/product/617115/powerspec-b731-desktop-computer < ~ This one is what I'd invest in as if you intend to use it for graphic design or modeling in VR. Or use it to game its Not only going to be more easy but its also the case will have MORE airflow and easier upgradeability. As there aren't giant HDD racks and etc in the way. 

Also you could use that like 100$ or so to get a nice external 1TB SSD And have about almost 1.5 times the space. 
  • BubbleMax
    Options
    BubbleMax said:
    @La_Red
    From what I'm going to guess this is not M.2 compatible. As these tend to have a pre like 2017 MB's that are mostly green are going to generally be one gen to old for a M.2 

TLDR if you want M.2 you will need most likely a MB upgrade. 

As to the Ram from what I"m seeing of YT reviews of an equivalent build. Most of the MB's in these PC's have dual channel RAM(These if they have to can also run just one stick of RAM.) The only problem is they are LIMITED however to just two Memory sticks. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In my honest opinion there are FAR better PC's that even you could PC game on for 800 dollars. And still get all the stuff you wanted as well get RGB. For what you would be spending on this pc. The PC your looking at is like scaping the bottom of the bucket. 

Plus an i7-9700 is feels awkwardly thrown into this build to just inflate the price. Not to mention any effort to upgrade that build your suggesting would be a nightmare. 

https://www.microcenter.com/product/617115/powerspec-b731-desktop-computer < ~ This one is what I'd invest in as if you intend to use it for graphic design or modeling in VR. Or use it to game its Not only going to be more easy but its also the case will have MORE airflow and easier upgradeability. As there aren't giant HDD racks and etc in the way. 

Also you could use that like 100$ or so to get a nice external 1TB SSD And have about almost 1.5 times the space. 
    PS: With the PC I'm suggesting it would also be easy to just swap out and in if and when you want to add more to it. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99