AIO with Linux

I have a Ryzen 3900X on a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi.  I have been looking at AIO water coolers and they all seem to have software that only runs on Windows.  I am not interested in RGB, just cooling.  Can I use the fan curves in the BIOS to control the AIO?

Best Answer

• JoeH
    JoeH
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your reply.  I am thinking about the Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT, even though I won't use the RGB.  I like the idea that it will install with the AM4 backplate already on my mother board.
    My priorities are low noise, good cooling, in that order, and cost, within reason, is not important.
    Do you think there is a better choice?

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Greetings. You should be able to control that in BIOS, otherwise I have seen that people have made third-party software for some coolers on Linux as well. The only thing you typically cannot do is control lighting, and if that isn't a concern, BIOS settings will accomplish what you are looking to do.
  • I am bewildered my the number of AIO coolers on the market.  I can't even find the differences between the models in the Corsair H series.  I am not overclocking and use Linux.
    I thought the Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT would be a good choice for my Ryzen 9 3900X but I am not sure.  Low noise is a priority - is this Corsair model a good choice?  Should I look at others?
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    There all pretty similar. The main things you'll see is RGB functionality and the radiator size. Whether is 120/240 , 140/280, ect. I put a 360mm AIO on a R9 3900X build I have right now. The EVGA CLC360. The fans are relatively loud, so I wouldn't recommend it in this case. I would look at either the Corsair you mentioned or the Kraken X72. That Corsasir model is a 280mm radiator, so make sure you have 140mm fan mounts in your case to attach it.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99