Recurring screen flickering issue

Options

I've had this issue with my monitor for a while now where the bottom portion of the screen flickers for several minutes after I first turn on my system. It only does this after I've left my PC off for more than a couple consecutive days, and the flickering is worse and/or lasts longer if my PC has been off for longer periods of time. For example, if I'm out of town for a weekend, the first time I turn on my computer, the screen will flicker like this for about 60-90 seconds before gradually going away completely, and the issue will be limited to the lower 25% of the monitor. I went on vacation for 8 days, and when I turned my computer on, the flickering covered over 50% of the lower part of the screen, and it took almost 6 minutes to dissipate. It also came back the next day, but only lasted 30 seconds and covered just about 10% of the screen. I recorded a video of the flickering here.

I've tried removing and reinstalling my graphics card drivers, and this monitor has been connected to my computer through 2 graphics cards and 2 CPUs, and the issue showed up on both upgrades. It's not a critical issue, but it's an annoyance I've dealt with for a couple years now.

Monitor model: AOC Q27G1WG4 27" 1440p 144Hz curved monitor.

Current CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

Current graphics card: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC Rev2.0

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99