Looking Back at 2022: Our Favorite Micro Center Moments

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

2022 was a big year in tech with so many great launches packed in, from new AMD CPUs to NVIDIA GPUs. And, of course, Intel entered the graphics card market with their Arc lineup. But our excitement didn't just come from all these major launches - our stores had a lot of their own excitement, including celebrity appearances, Intel trucks, and Make-A-Wish! We had our Champions look back at the past year and pick out some of their favorite 2022 Micro Center moments. Check them out below!

Tony Kanaan at the Chicago Micro Center by @Rye_Bread

This past June, Indy 500 winner and career racecar driver Tony Kanaan made a surprise visit to our Chicago location. We carry a line of racing sim products that he personally endorses, and he was super stoked to see some of his favorite items line our shelves. Tony spoke about his passion for racing and why he became so interested in simulation. He even showed us his skills on our demo simulator we have set up. Mr. Kanaan also had asked us to help him build his dream PC, that way he could both stream and play his favorite games without compromise. We helped Tony pick his parts and started on his build right away. Once it was done, he couldn’t wait to get back home and use it. Tony Kanaan was a blast to meet and talk to, and I’m so happy to have had the opportunity to do so.

2022 was my second full year working for Micro Center, and it was certainly an eventful one. From getting to meet Tony Kanaan to helping fulfill the dreams of Make-a-Wish children, to the simpler things like transforming our store into a 3D render (check out the Chicago one right here!) and being present for product launches, 2022 had a lot to offer. Hopefully, 2023 has even more to throw at us. Here’s to what’s to come!

Make-a-Wish at Micro Center Houston by @Lambdaben

Looking back on my favorite moment of 2022, I think it would have to be when Houston Micro Center had the privilege of welcoming Nolan, a special individual in partnership with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Nolan's wish was to build his dream computer, and the team at Micro Center was more than happy to help make it a reality. Collin Mendoza, his personal shopper, carefully walked him through the process of building a computer and helped him choose the right components. The staff at Micro Center even gave Nolan a tour of the store to show him the different options available for his customized build. While they didn't get to see Nolan's reaction when he received his fully personalized gaming PC, they have no doubt that he was delighted. Building a customized PC may be an everyday occurrence at Micro Center, but this build proved to be extra special as it gave the staff the chance to make a difference in someone's life. I hope that Nolan and his family will never forget this special day, as the team at Micro Center surely won’t forget the impact they made on his life. 

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Launch by @ChaosDTV

2022 was a massive year for me and a lot of other people. If I had to look back into this year and say what would be my favorite part of the year was, it would have to be my first-ever product release: The Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090. As a Champion, I got to spend a lot of time taking photos and getting hyped up talking with people in the crowd. Getting to see the 4090 in person like made me feel like a kid and I was just nerding out like everyone else. I'm happy I got the chance to geek out with everyone and meet new faces every day. Seeing how hyped the lines were for the launch and talking to some awesome people would be my favorite part of 2022!

Intel Truck at the Columbus Micro Center by @tbarggs

As 2022 comes to an end and I reflect on all the awesome things that happened here at Micro Center, one event in particular really stands out. The Intel truck showing up at a few of our stores was an amazing experience to be a part of. It was something out of the norm and the ability to see how a gaming truck operates was an unmatched experience.

The Intel truck was awesome as it gave my colleagues and I a spot to hang out, game, and, of course, show off the power of Intel's systems while still being close to the store. They ran a wide variety of AAA games off of Intel NUC Extremes and used it as a perfect way to introduce the new Intel arc graphics cards. A lot of awesome moments happened in 2022 and I’m hoping 2023 will be even better! Keep an eye on your local store, as we're sure to have lots of cool events at Micro Centers nation-wide in 2023!

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99