Intel 12700KF in PowerSpec G440 Temp Issues

Options

Hey all,

I am about to drop some money on a new AIO to try and solve this, but I figured I might as well post here to see if anybody has some advice. I also posted this just in the general forum, but I think it should probably go here to get the most exposure, so I apologize for the double post.

I purchased the G440 from MicroCenter in October and have only recently begun filling out my steam with more recent games like Cyberpunk 2077 and FarCry 6 compared to my old favorites of Borderlands 2 or Risk of Rain 2. The latter games don't really stress the CPU, but everything else seems to push the temps to 100 degrees Celsius. I have tried fiddling with fan curves, reversing push/pull directions of AIO fans, even increasing pull from case fans. So far, nothing has seemed to work.

Fan curve is set a little aggressive (I don't mind the sound honestly) with 100% fans at 70c. The rig is basically stock from Micro Center with rad and fans on top.

I am thinking of switching from Cooler Master (listed below) to Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix XT. I know its expensive, but for the RGB and air movement, it seems like it is a good AIO.

Specs of PC:

Intel 12700KF with Cooler Master ML240L RGB AIO (not the newest version, the one that says Cooler Master on the pump block)

MSI Z-690A Pro DDR5 Wi-Fi

Please let me know your thoughts, I appreciate all advice!! Please let me know if I need to edit or update with more details!!!!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99