AI conversational bots

Options
Shoan041
Shoan041 ✭✭✭✭
5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary

Has anyone checked out any of the Chat AIs like Chat GPT? They seem pretty interesting. It's amazing what computers can do! I've heard people use them to write work emails, make character sheets for Table top games, make Decks for TCGs and make estimations on prices, and put together build lists. Of course it can also have a friendly chat as well! I had it make me a build list to see how well it does. It did pretty well, but there are a few changes that I myself would make to the list, like using more of the budget and from experience with some of the parts I would recommend different parts. It did very well compatibility wise though!

This is what the conversation looked like:

Me:

based on a $2000 budget, what are the best parts I could get for a gaming computer from Micro Center?

Chat GPT:

Based on a $2000 budget for a gaming computer from Micro Center, here's a suggested list of parts that you could consider:

1. CPU (Central Processing Unit): Intel Core i5-11600K or AMD Ryzen 5 5600X.
  2. GPU (Graphics Processing Unit): NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT.
  3. RAM (Random Access Memory): 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz or higher.
  4. Storage: 500GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (e.g., Samsung 970 Evo) for OS and games, and 1TB or higher SATA SSD (e.g., Crucial MX500) for additional storage.
  5. Motherboard: ATX or Micro ATX motherboard that is compatible with your chosen CPU and GPU, with features such as good power delivery, sufficient USB ports, and support for desired connectivity options.
  6. Power Supply Unit (PSU): 650W or higher 80+ Gold or Platinum certified PSU from a reputable brand such as EVGA, Corsair, or Seasonic.
  7. Case: ATX or Micro ATX case that fits your preferred aesthetic, with good airflow and space for your chosen components.
  8. Cooling: Aftermarket CPU cooler for better thermal performance, such as Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB or Noctua NH-D15.
  9. Additional Fans: Additional case fans for better airflow, if needed.
  10. Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, and monitor(s) based on your preference and budget.

Please note that availability and prices of PC components can vary over time, so it's always best to check the latest prices and availability at your local Micro Center or other retailers. It's also important to research and compare different components based on their specifications, performance, and compatibility with your desired build before making any purchases.

Me:

Can you recommend specific parts for me?

Chat GPT:

Certainly! Based on a $2000 budget for a gaming computer from Micro Center, here are some specific recommendations for each component:

1. CPU: Intel Core i5-11600K - $259.99
  2. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - $499.99
  3. RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz - $84.99
    • Storage:Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD - $79.99
    • Crucial MX500 1TB SATA SSD - $109.99
  4. Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B560-PLUS (Wi-Fi 6) ATX - $169.99
  5. Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU - $129.99
  6. Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid-Tower Case - $69.99
  7. Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB CPU Cooler - $49.99
  8. Additional Fans: Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 RGB Case Fans (3-Pack) - $44.99
  9. Peripherals: Prices vary depending on your preferences and budget.

Please note that these prices are approximate and may vary depending on the availability and location of your local Micro Center store. It's always best to check the latest prices and availability at your local Micro Center or other retailers before making any purchases. Additionally, it's important to research and compare different components based on their specifications, performance, and compatibility with your desired build to ensure a successful and optimal gaming PC build.

Me:

Can you also include the total price with taxes in Marietta, GA with the list?

Chat GPT:

Certainly! Based on the components and prices mentioned earlier, here's an estimate of the total cost including sales tax (assuming a 7% sales tax rate in Marietta, GA):

1. CPU: Intel Core i5-11600K - $259.99
  2. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - $499.99
  3. RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz - $84.99
    • Storage:Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD - $79.99
    • Crucial MX500 1TB SATA SSD - $109.99
  4. Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B560-PLUS (Wi-Fi 6) ATX - $169.99
  5. Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU - $129.99
  6. Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid-Tower Case - $69.99
  7. Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB CPU Cooler - $49.99
  8. Additional Fans: Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 RGB Case Fans (3-Pack) - $44.99
  9. Peripherals: Prices vary depending on your preferences and budget.

Estimated Sales Tax (7%): $99.57

Total Estimated Cost (including sales tax): $1499.47

Please note that sales tax rates may vary by location, and it's always best to check the applicable sales tax rate at your local Micro Center or other retailers for an accurate estimate. Additionally, prices and availability of components may change over time, so it's important to verify the latest prices at your local Micro Center or other retailers before making any purchases.

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99