G707 - 2021 build- Shuts off when gaming

Options
ZiggyTomato
ZiggyTomato ✭✭
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited May 2023 in Prebuilt PCs and Laptops

Happens with Fortnite only, so far. Yeah, I play Fortnite, whatever.

PowerSpec G707 Gaming PC; AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8G

Purchased this computer for graphics, design, 3d modeling, etc. in June 2021 and it's running solid. Started gaming with my son recently and after about 15-30 minutes the computer just shuts down. I have to cycle the PSU on/off switch for it to turn back on with the case switch.

I try and track the temps with CPUID HWMonitor and the GeForce Experience overlay but I don't catch the video card or mobo temps just as it shuts down. I've adjusted the GPU fans to run 100% using Afterburner and it still shuts down. I open the case side and place a house fan blowing across the case and it won't shut down so it seems to be a heat issue somewhere but makes me think it's not the GPU.

I'm not certain the PSU fan is spinning, or at least I can never catch it on.

I took it into MicroCenter Columbus and they said they ran tests but could not get anything to overheat or make it shut down. So no luck with the in-store techs.

I have the 2 year plan which expires this June.

Is this a PSU problem since I have to cycle the PSU switch or something else? How can I test this?

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99