G476 ARGB Control

Options

I recently (as in today) purchased a G476 after a brief experience with an open-box G473.

On the 473, there are two buttons on the case to control the color and effect of the ARGB fans and such, as well as to move it into a mode to allow the MSI software to control.

On the 476, there are two SETS of buttons for such control, but neither set seems to do anything. The only way to control appears to be via the MSI Center/Mystic Light software.

Is this intentional. or did I get a bum unit?

-Greg

Comments

• greggerm
    Options

Of course after I posted this, I see this... I'll check out the troubleshooting noted here...

• greggerm
    Options

And yes, that post quickly "solved" my issue.... I had searched discussions for entries on G476, but alas not on the ATX 206.

Holding down either "M" lets me exit/enter motherboard control, and it does so with a confirming set of flashes so you're not wondering if it worked.

The chassis buttons only appear to control the front fans, but not the fans on the upper radiator or the motherboard itself, but this isn't a concerning feature for me. I'll end up keeping it in motherboard mode to keep control over all the LED's... not just the front ones.

All set here. Thanks, PS_KenJ - even if I didn't see it until after I asked.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99