I recently reinstalled my 3060 GPU, RAM, and M.2 while switching out my SSD (it was difficult to install without moving things around) and made sure to ground my PC while doing so
However, before reinstalling these parts my pc at idle with only chrome and wallpaper engine ran at an expected <10% load, but after reinstalling a few parts, my GPU's load at idle is either at 35%-45% and clock speeds are rapidly oscillating between 250 MHz and 1800 MHz
This is my first build and I am unsure if I made a mistake or if this is something I can ignore..
I mean, I just took a look at my system and Chrome is currently utilizing more system resources for me than AutoCAD is, by a factor of 3.
It could be a couple things like your drivers being out of date or reseating the GPU on your motherboard.
I see. Should I just attempt to reseat the GPU again?
Good afternoon @theBatman360
Thank you for contacting micro center. I do apologize you are having issues with your system. For the computer you could try to reseat the video card itself. One thing i wanted to check was for your monitor, this is directly connected to the video card?
I would and before you reseat the GPU take a look at the contacts and see if there is any obvious damage to the contacts and then give the slot a dust with some canned air.
Yes, I have my monitor plugged into my GPU with a HDMI cable
Thank you for the help. I took a glance and nothing was obviously broken or anything like that
When I run my PC now I notice some new things now:
I am researching this problem online and have tried a few things like fast boot, stopping all nvidia tasks and checking task manager but am still stumped
Try: NVIDIA Control Panel → 3D Settings → Manage 3D settings → Global Settings → Click "Restore
My thought would be something is set that's causing dwm.exe to spool up the card continuously.
On the CPU. AIO fans connect to the CPU_FAN header, correct? What motherboard?
I restored to defaults with no change..
The AIO fans are connected to the CPY_FAN header. The mobo is an ASUS Rog Strix B550-A Gaming.
Assuming I didn't reassemble anything incorrectly and my PC is booting up just fine, I'm not sure what the problem could be.
Before reseating my GPU, and safely reseating a RAM card and m.2 ssd while the pc was grounded, my PC was running at 0-5% loads on idle for both CPU and GPU (only wallpaper engine running), temps around 30, and low clock speeds. What could have changed my CPU clock to max out and for my GPU clock to spike randomly and suddenly have high loads when idle?...
Either something is spiking with enough load to 'wake' them up constantly or a power saving feature is disabled. I'd load your factory defaults in your BIOS. Load DOCP as then save and exit.
Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase
See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done
Services starting at $149.99