Powerspec G443 Bios update

Options
o8scape
o8scape
First Comment Name Dropper
edited February 3 in PowerSpec

Hello,

I was updating drivers to the computer and also updated the BIOS to the current MSI version. I didn't realize Powerspec had a custom bios and would like to go back to this.

I found a thread that had a similar issue (see below). But, when I download the bios from this thread, unzipped the file to a USB flash drive, and open the M-Flash utility when rebooting in the current BIOS, I'm not able to see the downloaded BIOS file on the USB flash drive. Are there steps I can take to see the BIOS in M-Flash or is there another way to go back to the Powerspec BIOS? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@o8scape

Our BIOS must be flashed from Advanced flash mode. From the BIOS press Ctrl + Alt + T. Click 'Yes' and when it boots to the advanced M-Flash the BIOS file will be visible to select. Remember to load defaults and XMP. F6 will load defaults. You can click '1' from the easy mode setup to enable XMP. F10 will save and exit.

• o8scape
    Options

@PowerSpec_MikeW Thank you!! I was able to find the file in the advanced flash mode. These were instructions were also great to get everything set back to how they were.

I'm happy I was able to find this forum and you responded so quickly. I found the Powerspec.com/support site. Are there any other places where official drivers/bios files are hosted?

Thanks again!

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@o8scape

Optional BIOS updates we'll list on the forum. We could add them to the support site, but I want to make it clear when they're optional. Critical BIOS updates are pushed through Windows Update. Same with drivers. Exception being GPU drivers that you would keep updated. Nvidia/AMD update those on their own, and we don't usually do that unless it's for a specific AIB partner on the AMD cards. They're generally a few months out of date. So if you ever did a clean install, everything should download, you really would only need to worry about grabbing the latest Nvidia driver from geforce.com and MSI Center from the Microsoft Store.

• klark1kent
    Options

I also came here to ask about original / default BIOS Settings. I have a PowerSpec G313, and I fear that over time the BIOS settings have gotten either lost or overwritten. Would the above method 100% reload the defaults (F6) or are there instances where even the defaults may have mistakenly been overridden. I'd really prefer to just have a file to cross reference the settings that you all loaded into the machine side by side, as how else would I know if the settings that are loaded as default are the settings that your engineers spec'd the machine to? Is that possible?

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@klark1kent

I don't have a record for that board at this point to see what we've changed, though on MSI Intel Z170, it's going to be pretty minimal. The main things is we make sure virtualization technology is enabled. VT-d, and VMX. Secure boot was not required back then, but you can certainly turn it on. The only other thing and this more modern from the RTX 2000 series on, we'll make sure Resizable Bar is enabled a default.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99