New to PC Building - Help Wanted

AirRickAirRick
edited February 10 in PC Builds
I'm new to the PC building world. I want to build a Gaming PC for myself. My budget is $1000 - $1300. I haven't decided between Intel or AMD. I'm more leaning towards Intel as I read more about it. I already have a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Also, it would be nice to have the color scheme of Red and White.

Comments

• Hi AirRick, welcome to the forum. What games are you intending to play? What monitor do you have?
  • Hello Ryau, I play League of legends, Apex Legends, and Fortnite now. I plan on playing Role Playing games like Final Fantasy. I don’t have a gaming monitor right now. Any recommendations?
  • Welcome to the forum AirRick. The titles you play are more CPU driven, meaning that they benefit from a faster processor over a very high-end graphics card. For those titles, I would recommend this build: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=82f07788-54ff-46f7-bd6b-0989ae2199ff

This puts you right at the upper limit of your $1300 budget and includes a 1440p 165hz G-Sync monitor for a fast, smooth competitive gaming experience. If you wanted to save some money and get closer to your $1000 side of the budget, we can swap the overclockable 9600K out for a Core i5 9400F and go with a B360 motherboard. That would save you a little over $100. You could also remove the RGB CPU cooler and swap the RAM for a slower, non-RGB kit and save another $60-$70 on top of that. Either way, you will get a great system within that budget that will play the titles you are looking to play. If you have any questions, please let us know!