New to PC Building - Help Wanted

Options
AirRick
AirRick
First Comment
edited February 2020 in Your Completed Builds
I'm new to the PC building world. I want to build a Gaming PC for myself. My budget is $1000 - $1300. I haven't decided between Intel or AMD. I'm more leaning towards Intel as I read more about it. I already have a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Also, it would be nice to have the color scheme of Red and White.

Comments

• ryau
    ryau ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi AirRick, welcome to the forum. What games are you intending to play? What monitor do you have?
  • AirRick
    Options
    Hello Ryau, I play League of legends, Apex Legends, and Fortnite now. I plan on playing Role Playing games like Final Fantasy. I don’t have a gaming monitor right now. Any recommendations?
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    Options
    Welcome to the forum AirRick. The titles you play are more CPU driven, meaning that they benefit from a faster processor over a very high-end graphics card. For those titles, I would recommend this build: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=82f07788-54ff-46f7-bd6b-0989ae2199ff

This puts you right at the upper limit of your $1300 budget and includes a 1440p 165hz G-Sync monitor for a fast, smooth competitive gaming experience. If you wanted to save some money and get closer to your $1000 side of the budget, we can swap the overclockable 9600K out for a Core i5 9400F and go with a B360 motherboard. That would save you a little over $100. You could also remove the RGB CPU cooler and swap the RAM for a slower, non-RGB kit and save another $60-$70 on top of that. Either way, you will get a great system within that budget that will play the titles you are looking to play. If you have any questions, please let us know!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99