$400 Budget PC?

I don't know much about building pcs but with my small amount of knowledge I made this part list, what do you think?

Comments

• Well first off use the export to list feature, much easier to read than zooming in on the image.  Second I don't see anything really wrong for the budget.  Be sure you get a power supply with at least a bronze rating just for your own good.  Other than that you could attempt the used market for a better GPU but that is hit or miss really but do keep an eye out for open box because you may be able to snag a good deal there as well.  Other than that for the budget looks like some solid choices, I would just hop on that CPU deal as soon as you can because it isn't always gonna be that good of a deal.
  • cornman said:
    I don't know much about building pcs but with my small amount of knowledge I made this part list, what do you think?
    I agree with @TheITDad, that power supply might work for a bare minimum of powering the system on and using it for basic work, but under more stressful loads, you will want something designed to handle a higher current and with a much better efficiency rating. Our PowerSpec 550w Bronze would be a little pricier, but should easily outperform the SolidGear unit and provide a far better efficiency rating: https://www.microcenter.com/product/485311/powerspec-550-watt-80-plus-bronze-atx-non-modular-power-supply.

I also agree with the GPU upgrade. The RX 550 is considered a low end card and would not be ideal for any AAA gaming at a 1080p unless you are running the lowest possible settings and are comfortable with a lower refresh rate. The RX 570 would be a better entry level card, and currently comes with an Xbox Game Pass promotion: https://www.microcenter.com/product/478850/asus-radeon-rx-570-rog-strix-overclocked-dual-fan-4gb-gddr5-pcie-30-video-card.

Aside from that, everything looks solid. Keep in mind that a 240GB SSD is great for a boot drive, but you may want to add a larger HDD for mass storage in the future. If you have any questions, let us know!