$400 Budget PC?

Options
I don't know much about building pcs but with my small amount of knowledge I made this part list, what do you think?

Comments

• TheITDad
    Options
    Well first off use the export to list feature, much easier to read than zooming in on the image.  Second I don't see anything really wrong for the budget.  Be sure you get a power supply with at least a bronze rating just for your own good.  Other than that you could attempt the used market for a better GPU but that is hit or miss really but do keep an eye out for open box because you may be able to snag a good deal there as well.  Other than that for the budget looks like some solid choices, I would just hop on that CPU deal as soon as you can because it isn't always gonna be that good of a deal.
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    Options
    cornman said:
    I don't know much about building pcs but with my small amount of knowledge I made this part list, what do you think?
    I agree with @TheITDad, that power supply might work for a bare minimum of powering the system on and using it for basic work, but under more stressful loads, you will want something designed to handle a higher current and with a much better efficiency rating. Our PowerSpec 550w Bronze would be a little pricier, but should easily outperform the SolidGear unit and provide a far better efficiency rating: https://www.microcenter.com/product/485311/powerspec-550-watt-80-plus-bronze-atx-non-modular-power-supply.

I also agree with the GPU upgrade. The RX 550 is considered a low end card and would not be ideal for any AAA gaming at a 1080p unless you are running the lowest possible settings and are comfortable with a lower refresh rate. The RX 570 would be a better entry level card, and currently comes with an Xbox Game Pass promotion: https://www.microcenter.com/product/478850/asus-radeon-rx-570-rog-strix-overclocked-dual-fan-4gb-gddr5-pcie-30-video-card.

Aside from that, everything looks solid. Keep in mind that a 240GB SSD is great for a boot drive, but you may want to add a larger HDD for mass storage in the future. If you have any questions, let us know!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99