Open a Store in San Antonio...PLEASE

Options
2»

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion of a location in San Antonio! We will see if it happens one day!

• TDub
    Options

Let me try this again because my post disappeared for some reason when I went to save my edit.

I was thinking today about how I wish there was a store here in San Antonio today as I am contemplating a PC upgrade, and I was saying to myself how I'd be willing to drive 50-75 miles to get to a store. I'm guessing other techno nerds like me would as well. Why not open a location in the San Marcos area that serves both Austin and San Antonio putting them within a very reasonable driving distance (for Texas anyway)? You have the San Marcos Tanger Outlets there that are always busy, and that area is growing fast so you'd have guaranteed population growth for the foreseeable future. Plus property costs would probably be a lot cheaper. Just throwing that out there!

• pasttense
    Options

It's 2023. Let's make it happen this year, please! Thank you!

• AndyTX
    Options

I for one, had never heard of a Micro Center store till a friend of mine sent me photos of the inside of your Houston location. I have to say I was blown away and told myself I would have to visit that location next time I was in Houston. Now I'm getting references to it from youtube videos. I thought I would do a search to see if SA was in the plans. I was lead here. Mid 2023 and sad to read still no location in San Antonio. So, I echo the earlier posts and registered just to put in my 2 cents. A South Central Texas location in San Antonio would be smart move! 😉

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Thanks for voicing your support! We see lots of requests for the San Antonio area!

• trongod
    Options

San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the United States and the influx of residents in the last 3 years has skyrocketed. Especially in smaller towns close to San Antonio such as Boerne, Bulverde, and New Braunfels. This place definitely needs a Micro Center. We pretty much have little to no options at the moment. Best Buy and Altex. But Best Buy has little to no PC department and Altex is always marked up through the roof. Their selection is also terrible. The last big PC store we had here went out of business years ago. That was CompUSA. It was a sad day. After that we had to drive an hour and a half to Austin to get to the Fry's Electronics which is now also out of business. Another sad day. Micro Center seems to be the only PC hardware store that has staying power and San Antonio would be a huge market.

• Honestly I made an account just to support a micro center in San Antonio also with a question. Is there any feedback from the top brass? It’s been about 4 years.
  • infinitemultiverse
    edited March 19
    Options

Please open a store in San Antonio!

I think San Antonio presents a huge opportunity for Micro Center considering the growth in tech-savvy population and the explosion in the tech industry within our city. The city's evolution into a technology hub, combined with population growth and increased income among residents (many moving from California and the Northeast etc... ) shows there is a huge market void that Micro Center can fulfill perfectly...

The absence of a Micro Center in San Antonio is forcing our hand, HARD... it has forced tech enthusiasts and professionals, including myself, to travel long distances to access products and expertise that Micro Center offers. There's simply a big need for a local store here and a great chance for Micro Center to dominate that market here in SATX.

San Antonio's technology landscape is ripe, how could they not see it? Is there red tape and regulation preventing this? Other small business protection from going under, or competition like ALTEX which is all we have here ... Is there a reason they are not capitalizing on this opportunity in San Antonio? I truly believe they would take SATX market by storm, and yes, I think certain businesses would be impacted negatively (sadly).

This also brings up a personal challenge for me and likely for others too, I moved to San Antonio a few years ago from New Jersey and have a small business here. I use small servers and QNAP Netword Attached Storage, and have the need for several computers/computer parts, GPUs, and custom built PC's. I also have a store credit card with Micro Center that requires at least once a year use (issued by Wells Fargo).. so it may need yearly regular use to stay active, otherwise they would close my line of credit, which would hurt my credit, but also terminate my kinship of many years with that issuing Bank, not to mention access to thousands of dollars to make 0 APR purchases for my small business... MICROCENTER DOES NOT SHIP IF YOU USE THE MICROCENTER CREDIT CARD, it can only be used in store upon checking ID and verifying you are the authorized user (RULES AS OF 2023 LAST TIME I CHECKED) ; I don't know if that has changed, but I called both Microcenter and the Card issuer about all this, and this is the rule, only use in store. I used it in store for years when I lived in New Jersey, and now I've traveled once a year or more to Microcenter in Houston (3.5 hrs away) to buy computers, components and TO KEEP MY CARD ACTIVE... Right now, that's where the nearest store is "HOUSTON", which means I have to make a long trip to keep my card active and also because I truly need the products and services Micro Center offers. This situation adds to the inconvenience for me and many other customers. Placing a Micro Center in San Antonio would make it easier for loyal customers like me to access what the store offers without needing to travel far, but it doesn't stop there; MICROCENTER would literally rip apart any businesses that offer anything similar here in this city, we know this, and it is sad to see. While it's tough to see other similar businesses struggle, the reality is they can't match what Micro Center brings to the table; none of them would be able to compete with Microcenter, NONE. Microcenter is losing money everyday they are not in San Antonio; there is new money$$$ in San Antonio, new population numbers, significantly higher incomes than a decade ago, and an expanding tech industry. They need to re-consider and crunch these numbers again.

• pasttense
    Options

Greetings from 2024! We are still waiting. Don't make us wait until the next total solar eclipse. You want to open up in San Marcos to cater to Austin and SA? Go for it! You'll be ahead of the curve.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99