I need help Choosing a PSU — Micro Center

I need help Choosing a PSU

I have everything else picked out for the build https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=edad3dcb-5697-48c9-8416-4c1013c73a2e
Also my Case isn't on the site, Cooler Master Master Box MB511 and what it has listed for the PSU size is being a max 180mm/7.08".
The reason why I am having trouble with finding a PSU is I'm looking for a power supply that has a 8-pin EATX12V and a 4-pin EATX12V. I am just not finding the 4-pin in any power supply that I'm looking at. Maybe I'm just not understanding what the connector will look like. Been at this for a week now so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for reading.

Comments

• TSTonyVTSTonyV admin
    edited April 25
    Hello @Austin_009! Welcome to the Community. 

That case supports ATX power supplies, so any PSU with that form factor should fit.

I'm assuming that the 8-pin and 4-pin you're referring to are for the CPU power connectors on the top-left corner of the motherboard. For starters, the 4-pin connection isn't actually a requirement. It's just an optional extra connection in case you're doing some serious overclocking and/or your processor has a VERY high power draw, which I'm pretty sure would only possibly be necessary for a 3950X. If you do want to fully fill those slots, look for a power supply with two 4+4 pin connectors. Most off-the-shelf PSUs you can buy won't have a standalone 4-pin connector, but CPU power connectors are almost always 4+4 so you can utilize it as a 4-pin or 8-pin based on the connections on your board. 
  • Austin_009Austin_009 Nebraska
    edited April 25
    Thanks @TSTonyV, I have a power supply on the way now.
  • Great! Your build looks really nice overall. I have a pretty similar system and it's been great for me, so I'm sure it'll work well for you