I need help Choosing a PSU

I have everything else picked out for the build https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=edad3dcb-5697-48c9-8416-4c1013c73a2e
Also my Case isn't on the site, Cooler Master Master Box MB511 and what it has listed for the PSU size is being a max 180mm/7.08".
The reason why I am having trouble with finding a PSU is I'm looking for a power supply that has a 8-pin EATX12V and a 4-pin EATX12V. I am just not finding the 4-pin in any power supply that I'm looking at. Maybe I'm just not understanding what the connector will look like. Been at this for a week now so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for reading.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2020
    Hello @Austin_009! Welcome to the Community. 

That case supports ATX power supplies, so any PSU with that form factor should fit.

I'm assuming that the 8-pin and 4-pin you're referring to are for the CPU power connectors on the top-left corner of the motherboard. For starters, the 4-pin connection isn't actually a requirement. It's just an optional extra connection in case you're doing some serious overclocking and/or your processor has a VERY high power draw, which I'm pretty sure would only possibly be necessary for a 3950X. If you do want to fully fill those slots, look for a power supply with two 4+4 pin connectors. Most off-the-shelf PSUs you can buy won't have a standalone 4-pin connector, but CPU power connectors are almost always 4+4 so you can utilize it as a 4-pin or 8-pin based on the connections on your board. 
  • Austin_009
    edited April 2020
    Thanks @TSTonyV, I have a power supply on the way now.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Great! Your build looks really nice overall. I have a pretty similar system and it's been great for me, so I'm sure it'll work well for you 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99