Maybe you just reset Windows on your computer, or maybe you just brought home a new computer. Either way, you should have a valid copy of Windows, but suddenly, the system is telling you to activate Windows, or that your copy of Windows isn't genuine. If you have a copy of your product key handy, you can always just activate it again, but more likely you don't have your product key on hand. So what can you do?
The good news is that your product key should be saved in BIOS, and the Windows Activation Troubleshooter can help you recover it!
1. Open your Windows settings by right clicking on the start menu and selecting Settings.
2. Select the “Update and Security” option.
3. Select “Activation” in the menu on the left side of the screen.
4. Click on “Troubleshoot” about halfway down the page and accept.
5. If successful, Windows will be activated and you’re all done.
Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase
See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done
Services starting at $149.99