Is the Asus B450-f incompatible with the Ryzen 5 3600x? — Micro Center

Is the Asus B450-f incompatible with the Ryzen 5 3600x?

While using the PCpartspicker website, it gave me this notification about compatibility:
"Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions."
I'm personally pretty new to building computers so I am unsure as to whether or not to get this cpu/motherboard combo. The parts picker on the micro center website however doesn't say there is an incompatibility issue. I'm a little more inclined to believe the micro center website over the parts picker website but I just want to make sure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• for the record the full names of the parts are the

ASUS B450-F ROG STRIX Gaming AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard

and the 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Matisse 3.8GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler

• TSTonyVTSTonyV admin
    edited May 23
    Most B450 motherboards at this point have the BIOS updated already to be compatible with the 3rd generation Ryzen CPUs, and will be designated with a label on the box indicating this: 

If that's on the box, then you'll be good to go. If not, you'll probably need to have the BIOS updated, which we can do at our service desk in the store. 
  • Thanks!
    The motherboard went out of stock last night right after I made this post but the info will likely help me in the future so I still appreciate it a lot.