Is the Asus B450-f incompatible with the Ryzen 5 3600x?

While using the PCpartspicker website, it gave me this notification about compatibility:
"Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions."
I'm personally pretty new to building computers so I am unsure as to whether or not to get this cpu/motherboard combo. The parts picker on the micro center website however doesn't say there is an incompatibility issue. I'm a little more inclined to believe the micro center website over the parts picker website but I just want to make sure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• for the record the full names of the parts are the

ASUS B450-F ROG STRIX Gaming AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard

and the 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Matisse 3.8GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2020
    Most B450 motherboards at this point have the BIOS updated already to be compatible with the 3rd generation Ryzen CPUs, and will be designated with a label on the box indicating this: 

If that's on the box, then you'll be good to go. If not, you'll probably need to have the BIOS updated, which we can do at our service desk in the store. 
  • Thanks!
    The motherboard went out of stock last night right after I made this post but the info will likely help me in the future so I still appreciate it a lot.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99