Gaming PC 2020 — Micro Center

Gaming PC 2020

HeyTreyLIVEHeyTreyLIVE Galloway, OH
CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Matisse 3.8GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler ($199.99 EACH)
Motherboard: (1) Gigabyte Aorus Elite WiFi X570 AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard ($209.99 EACH)
RAM: (1) G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3200C16D-16GVKB - Black ($69.99 EACH)
Case: (1) NZXT H510 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black ($69.99 EACH)
M.2 SSD: (1) Samsung 970 EVO+ 500GB SSD V-NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive ($124.99 EACH)
Hard Drive: (1) Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ($51.99 EACH)
Total: $726.94
For the GPU: 980 Ti Classified
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850+ Gold

This will be my main gaming rig  for a stream. Let me know what you think or if any changes you guys would reccommend.

Comments

• TheITDadTheITDad ✭✭
    Looks solid especially since you have a still decent gpu and a good psu.  If you can spare the extra 20 bucks the G. Skill Ripjaws V series has a CL16 3600 2x8 kit for 84 pre tax.  And will give you that speed that is better for Ryzen processors.  Really the only change I would suggest.  Enjoy
  • HeyTreyLIVEHeyTreyLIVE Galloway, OH
    edited May 28
    Awesome thanks for the heads up!! i dont mind dishing out an extra $20 if that means better performance. Also as you can see i stayed away from RGB lol usually means less expensive right? This should give me some wiggle room for upgrades right? i'll definitely be upgrading my gpu as i continue. 
  • When you look into upgrading your GPU in the future and are planning on streaming a lot, I would recommend sticking to nvidia, as they have NVENC which allows the GPU to take some of the load for streaming from your CPU.  More information can be found here; https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-streaming/.

Build-wise, everything looks great!  I do agree with upgrading to 3600Mhz RAM as Ryzen chips do like their higher clock speed RAM.  
  • HeyTreyLIVEHeyTreyLIVE Galloway, OH
    awesome thanks for the input!! this will be the primary gaming pc and i have my current rig with a gtx 970 doing all the streaming. 
  • TSTonyVTSTonyV admin
    Awesome thanks for the heads up!! i dont mind dishing out an extra $20 if that means better performance. Also as you can see i stayed away from RGB lol usually means less expensive right? This should give me some wiggle room for upgrades right? i'll definitely be upgrading my gpu as i continue. 
    Yes, generally RGB is is going to up your cost, especially on RAM. 

Realistically that Ryzen 5 3600 should last you a while, but since you're going with an X570 board you'll definitely have upgrade room in the future if you want to go that route.