Gaming PC 2020

CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Matisse 3.8GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler ($199.99 EACH)
Motherboard: (1) Gigabyte Aorus Elite WiFi X570 AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard ($209.99 EACH)
RAM: (1) G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3200C16D-16GVKB - Black ($69.99 EACH)
Case: (1) NZXT H510 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black ($69.99 EACH)
M.2 SSD: (1) Samsung 970 EVO+ 500GB SSD V-NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive ($124.99 EACH)
Hard Drive: (1) Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ($51.99 EACH)
Total: $726.94
For the GPU: 980 Ti Classified
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850+ Gold

This will be my main gaming rig  for a stream. Let me know what you think or if any changes you guys would reccommend.

Comments

• Looks solid especially since you have a still decent gpu and a good psu.  If you can spare the extra 20 bucks the G. Skill Ripjaws V series has a CL16 3600 2x8 kit for 84 pre tax.  And will give you that speed that is better for Ryzen processors.  Really the only change I would suggest.  Enjoy
  • HeyTreyLIVE
    HeyTreyLIVE ✭✭
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2020
    Awesome thanks for the heads up!! i dont mind dishing out an extra $20 if that means better performance. Also as you can see i stayed away from RGB lol usually means less expensive right? This should give me some wiggle room for upgrades right? i'll definitely be upgrading my gpu as i continue. 
  • When you look into upgrading your GPU in the future and are planning on streaming a lot, I would recommend sticking to nvidia, as they have NVENC which allows the GPU to take some of the load for streaming from your CPU.  More information can be found here; https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-streaming/.

Build-wise, everything looks great!  I do agree with upgrading to 3600Mhz RAM as Ryzen chips do like their higher clock speed RAM.  
  • awesome thanks for the input!! this will be the primary gaming pc and i have my current rig with a gtx 970 doing all the streaming. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Awesome thanks for the heads up!! i dont mind dishing out an extra $20 if that means better performance. Also as you can see i stayed away from RGB lol usually means less expensive right? This should give me some wiggle room for upgrades right? i'll definitely be upgrading my gpu as i continue. 
    Yes, generally RGB is is going to up your cost, especially on RAM. 

Realistically that Ryzen 5 3600 should last you a while, but since you're going with an X570 board you'll definitely have upgrade room in the future if you want to go that route. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99