Can you help me with my laptop camera?

Options
I purchased the Acer about a month ago. The camera was fine for a few weeks but now it stops in the middle of ZOOM meetings and won't reconnect. Thank you

Answers

• BubbleMax
    Options
    How many USB ports does it have? If you got one free just use an actual inexpensive web cam by usb. Fixing in hardware cams can be expensive and take a lot of time to replace. :/ Could be a 2 to as long as a week to replace that cam depending on how small factor it is. And how long the replacement parts take to recieve and then replace.
  • Demitra
    Options
     Why would I need a different camera on a brand new computer???  But wouldn't that be included in the warranty?  
  • TS_BryantA
    Options
    @Demitra Good afternoon and welcome to the Micro Center Community!
    If your camera is having hardware issues and no longer working, this would be covered through Warranty correct. Based on the description though this may be more a software issue. To confirm does your camera work with your camera application on your computer with the only issues being with ZOOM? If this camera has stopped working for all applications, you may need to uninstall the Camera drivers and reboot the system. To do so, follow the instructions on the link below, and in your list of devices there should be one listed as "Camera". 

https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2823/how-to-uninstall-video-drivers-in-windows-10

If the camera is working with other applications, do you have an anti-virus program installed on your computer?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99