Power supply dead — Micro Center

Power supply dead

My powerspec 650 watt 80+ gold appears to have no DC output. The AC input is ok. I reset it several times but the power supply fan does not even turn on at all.

Answers

• C0v3rt_XC0v3rt_X
    edited June 11
    @mr_god12 - I'd suggest have an electrician verify the outlet you are using is getting the appropriate voltage from the electrical panel. If all checks out, go back to Micro Center and get a replacement. This is what I would do. PSU's are in severe demand.
  • Hello @mr_god12, I would agree with @C0v3rt_X that this is likely a faulty power supply if the outlet checks out fine. You can also try other outlets in the home as another test. We offer a 30 day return period for power supplies so you can bring it in at any time for an exchange.
  • TSKyleH said:
    Hello @mr_god12, I would agree with @C0v3rt_X that this is likely a faulty power supply if the outlet checks out fine. You can also try other outlets in the home as another test. We offer a 30 day return period for power supplies so you can bring it in at any time for an exchange.

I hope you guys can get tons of inventory for PSU's. Oversizing your PSU can leave your wallets more empty than expected. I was fortunate enough to "reserve" a 750W PSU as it went from 10+ in stock to 2 in a matter of 3 days.