SATA 2.5 to USB adapter?

CamsComputers
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I'm a PC technician and a client of mine wants some data recovered from an old laptop of his.  Upon removing the hard drive I realized that it's neither modern SATA nor IDE, but it uses a SATA 2.5 connector.  In order to recover the data, I need a SATA 2.5 to USB adapter/enclosure.  Does anybody know where I can buy such a thing?  Thanks.

Edit: Turns out this isn't an old version of SATA, it's just a weird adapter/connector for HP laptop which slides right off, to reveal a normal SATA connector.  So, nevermind!

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Do you have a picture of the connection? SATA has always been standardized, I've never come across a non-standard SATA connection unless you're talking about an mSATA SSD or SATA M.2 SSD.
  • TSTonyV said:
    Do you have a picture of the connection? SATA has always been standardized, I've never come across a non-standard SATA connection unless you're talking about an mSATA SSD or SATA M.2 SSD.

Thanks, I edited the post before I noticed your reply, but it is in fact normal SATA with a weird adapter to connect it to the laptop.  The adapter slides right off.  Not sure how to delete the post as I am new here, but my issue is resolved.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Ah, that's good to hear! Let us know if you have any other questions. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99