SATA 2.5 to USB adapter? — Micro Center

SATA 2.5 to USB adapter?

I'm a PC technician and a client of mine wants some data recovered from an old laptop of his.  Upon removing the hard drive I realized that it's neither modern SATA nor IDE, but it uses a SATA 2.5 connector.  In order to recover the data, I need a SATA 2.5 to USB adapter/enclosure.  Does anybody know where I can buy such a thing?  Thanks.

Edit: Turns out this isn't an old version of SATA, it's just a weird adapter/connector for HP laptop which slides right off, to reveal a normal SATA connector.  So, nevermind!

Comments

• Do you have a picture of the connection? SATA has always been standardized, I've never come across a non-standard SATA connection unless you're talking about an mSATA SSD or SATA M.2 SSD.
  • TSTonyV said:
    Do you have a picture of the connection? SATA has always been standardized, I've never come across a non-standard SATA connection unless you're talking about an mSATA SSD or SATA M.2 SSD.

Thanks, I edited the post before I noticed your reply, but it is in fact normal SATA with a weird adapter to connect it to the laptop.  The adapter slides right off.  Not sure how to delete the post as I am new here, but my issue is resolved.
  • Ah, that's good to hear! Let us know if you have any other questions.