New PC nothing installed except Microsoft edge. — Micro Center

New PC nothing installed except Microsoft edge.

New PC nothing installed except Microsoft edge. I need to download Google Chrome and it doesn't seem to download. I am not used to Microsoft edge. Would have been nice if salesperson showed me what to do.

Answers

• When you say "it doesn't seem to download" what exactly do you mean? Does the file pop up, but when you click to run it it doesn't bring up a new window? Do you get any kind of error message when you try to download it?

Also, what kind of PC did you purchase? 
  • New PC nothing installed except Microsoft edge. I need to download Google Chrome and it doesn't seem to download. I am not used to Microsoft edge. Would have been nice if salesperson showed me what to do.
    Welcome to the forum, @terriarchibald4856. I was able to locate your purchase using your forum registration email. It looks like the ASUS VivoBook you have is configured with a Windows 10 S operating system, which blocks the installation of third party software that isn't native to the Microsoft Store. Luckily, there is a very simple process to get you out of Windows 10 S mode and into a standard Windows 10 operating system.

Here is a quick link describing the steps necessary to make this change: https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/11244/how-to-get-out-of-windows-10-s-mode. If you have any further questions or need any additional assistance, please let us know!