New PC nothing installed except Microsoft edge.

New PC nothing installed except Microsoft edge. I need to download Google Chrome and it doesn't seem to download. I am not used to Microsoft edge. Would have been nice if salesperson showed me what to do.

Answers

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    When you say "it doesn't seem to download" what exactly do you mean? Does the file pop up, but when you click to run it it doesn't bring up a new window? Do you get any kind of error message when you try to download it?

Also, what kind of PC did you purchase? 
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    New PC nothing installed except Microsoft edge. I need to download Google Chrome and it doesn't seem to download. I am not used to Microsoft edge. Would have been nice if salesperson showed me what to do.
    Welcome to the forum, @terriarchibald4856. I was able to locate your purchase using your forum registration email. It looks like the ASUS VivoBook you have is configured with a Windows 10 S operating system, which blocks the installation of third party software that isn't native to the Microsoft Store. Luckily, there is a very simple process to get you out of Windows 10 S mode and into a standard Windows 10 operating system.

Here is a quick link describing the steps necessary to make this change: https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/11244/how-to-get-out-of-windows-10-s-mode. If you have any further questions or need any additional assistance, please let us know!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99