What are the return policies on things outside of 30 days?

agj3291
agj3291
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I have somethings (2 RAM chips) that are a few days over the 30 days for returns as it says on the receipt that I want to return. Do I get store credit or are they not returnable at all?

Answers

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    We can do extended returns on products depending on the situation. Why did you need to return them?
  • TSTonyV said:
    We can do extended returns on products depending on the situation. Why did you need to return them?
    I have the same problem I bought an G162 680$ Desktop, but I have had it for 3 months, and want to return It so I can build my own pc. If I build my own pc for 700$ USING Micro center parts, can I return the G162 gaming desktop??
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    TSTonyV said:
    I have the same problem I bought an G162 680$ Desktop, but I have had it for 3 months, and want to return It so I can build my own pc. If I build my own pc for 700$ USING Micro center parts, can I return the G162 gaming desktop??
    Ultimately it's still up to the managers a your local store. The normal return period for desktop systems is 15-days, and once you're outside that, it's at their discretion. You're always welcome to come in and ask, or if you'd like I can open up a ticket and send them a message for you. if so, please private message me your contact information
  • TSTonyV said:
    TSTonyV said:
    Ultimately it's still up to the managers a your local store. The normal return period for desktop systems is 15-days, and once you're outside that, it's at their discretion. You're always welcome to come in and ask, or if you'd like I can open up a ticket and send them a message for you. if so, please private message me your contact information
    I just sent them a ticket so there is no need, but Thx for asking.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    TSTonyV said:
    TSTonyV said:
    I just sent them a ticket so there is no need, but Thx for asking.
    Great! Let us know if there's anything else you need and we'd be happy to help. 
  • I do have one more question, I used to hear that at Micro center if you buy a motherboard and a Cpu you get like 20-40$ off. Is that still a thing??
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yes, we always have bundles on and they do change from time to time. The bundle discount is $20 currently on most CPU's. It's considerably higher on the Threadripper's if you're building a workstation.
  • TSMikeW said:
    Yes, we always have bundles on and they do change from time to time. The bundle discount is $20 currently on most CPU's. It's considerably higher on the Threadripper's if you're building a workstation.
    Thank you! My other question is that if I am going to buy a aftermarket cooler (NH-U12S) but the Cpu you are buying (Ryzen 7 2700X) already comes with the stock wraith prism, is it possible to save some money if you only get the Cpu, and not the wraith prism??
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Unfortunately, no. It's sold as a retail package, we don't buy back the stock OEM coolers.
  • TSMikeW said:
    Unfortunately, no. It's sold as a retail package, we don't buy back the stock OEM coolers.
    Alright thx just making sure!
  • I have a Logitech G502 for about 3 months and it’s in VERY good condition, however it’s past the return policy and I want to replace it with a MODEL O. I have an 2-year warranty if that can help
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes

That would be another instance where it would not be eligible for a return due to how far outside of the original return period the product is. Our management teams can be pretty flexible depending on the circumstances, but 3 months would be considered a significant amount of time outside of the standard 15-30 day period most products get.

As for the warranty/replacement plan, that covers the product if it fails during normal use, it would not cover exchanging the product out of the desire to upgrade. It's understandable to want to upgrade as new, better technology comes out, but that's the nature of the beast when it comes to this industry. In those situations, we can only recommend that you weigh whether or not it's worth paying to upgrade components (or in this case, a peripheral) or if it's better to stick with the items you have until an upgrade becomes necessary.

For more information on our return policy and warranty terms, see the links below:

Returns:

Warranty/Protection Plans:

https://60a99bedadae98078522-a9b6cded92292ef3bace063619038eb1.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/documents_MCCESTC09.13State.pdf

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99