NVIDIA 3000 Series Launch & Micro Center FAQ! - Page 2 — Micro Center

NVIDIA 3000 Series Launch & Micro Center FAQ!

2456721

Comments

  • DKC1995 said:
    I have a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and a B450 Asrock Mobo. Will the motherboard be compatible with the 3070?
    Yes, PCIe 3.0/4.0 are compatible with each other. 
  • Here's an update from Micro


    Yes, we will have many third-party cards upon release from vendors such as Asus, Gigabyte, Zotac, EVGA, and MSI.

    — Micro Center (@microcenter) September 11, 2020

  • djsupafly said:
    Here's an update from Micro


    Yes, we will have many third-party cards upon release from vendors such as Asus, Gigabyte, Zotac, EVGA, and MSI.

    — Micro Center (@microcenter) September 11, 2020
    nice, is this gonna be *on the* 17th?
  • bbnn said:

    djsupafly said:
    Here's an update from Micro


    Yes, we will have many third-party cards upon release from vendors such as Asus, Gigabyte, Zotac, EVGA, and MSI.

    — Micro Center (@microcenter) September 11, 2020
    nice, is this gonna be *on the* 17th?
    Yes. 
  • Do you have any idea what brands of AIBs you will have in stock, specifically aorous and or Inno3d?
  • AustinP said:
    Do you have any idea what brands of AIBs you will have in stock, specifically aorous and or Inno3d?
    Inno3d is not a brand I'm familiar with and we don't currently carry it, so I wouldn't expect the to be there. We do carry a number of Gigabyte video cards, though I don't see any from the Aorus line currently, so I'm not sure about those. We've carried Aorus cards in the past though. 
  • JMarcJMarc
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Nvidia in collaboration with Ubisoft is giving away Watch Dogs Legion and one year of Nvidia's cloud gaming service to select retailers when they buy a 3000 series card. My question is will Microcenter have the vouchers and be listed as a select partner if we choose to buy from Microcenter?
  • JMarc said:
    Nvidia in collaboration with Ubisoft is giving away Watch Dogs Legion and one year of Nvidia's cloud gaming service to select retailers when they buy a 3000 series card. My question is will Microcenter have the vouchers and be listed as a select partner if we choose to buy from Microcenter?
    I'll see if we can find out, but we may not know until the day of launch. 
  • trying to decide between going to a best buy on launch day that's a 10 minute drive from me vs Micro Center that's 1 and 1/2 drive from me(Rockville, MD location). I saw a tweet that microcenter wont have founders edition of 3090(the card I want). any updates on this?
  • trying to decide between going to a best buy on launch day that's a 10 minute drive from me vs Micro Center that's 1 and 1/2 drive from me(Rockville, MD location). I saw a tweet that microcenter wont have founders edition of 3090(the card I want). any updates on this?
    That is correct, we will not have any Founder's Edition cards
  • @TSTonyV you the real MVP for keeping up with everyone's questions and being so prompt about it. Yet another reason microcenter will always be my first choice!
  • Joela said:
    @TSTonyV you the real MVP for keeping up with everyone's questions and being so prompt about it. Yet another reason microcenter will always be my first choice!
    I do what I can!
  • JMarcJMarc
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    TSTonyV said:
    JMarc said:
    Nvidia in collaboration with Ubisoft is giving away Watch Dogs Legion and one year of Nvidia's cloud gaming service to select retailers when they buy a 3000 series card. My question is will Microcenter have the vouchers and be listed as a select partner if we choose to buy from Microcenter?
    I'll see if we can find out, but we may not know until the day of launch. 

    Thanks for checking, do you know if Micro Center has participated in these promotions before? If you have chances are high Micro Center will be included in the list of vendors this time around too.

    PS: Included a link to Nvidia's promo page if anyone else wants more info...
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/campaigns/rtx-bundle/
  • John_S13John_S13
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Question about how launch morning happens. If there are 20, 30, 50, XX people waiting outside when the store opens, what exactly happens? A few at a time are let in to chose their cards or is it like Black Friday videos used to go. The door is opened and the faster you are the luckier you are. Obviously that won't occur but how is it handled?

    Kudos to Micro Center/TSTonyV for keeping us well informed leading up to the lunch. Much appreciated.
  • Voucher system at opening — one for each card they have — so presumably the people that don’t get one go home. 
  • Voucher system at opening — one for each card they have — so presumably the people that don’t get one go home. 

    can you elaborate?
  • I have a feeling Ill have to wake up at 5am...
  • bbnn said:
    Voucher system at opening — one for each card they have — so presumably the people that don’t get one go home. 

    can you elaborate?
    This thread has the best information: https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/4542/rtx-3000-series-micro-center-discussion/p1

    They used to have an FAQ detailing the launch, but I guess they’re working to clarify the many questions they’re being asked. 
  • bbnn said:
    Voucher system at opening — one for each card they have — so presumably the people that don’t get one go home. 

    can you elaborate?
    This thread has the best information: https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/4542/rtx-3000-series-micro-center-discussion/p1

    They used to have an FAQ detailing the launch, but I guess they’re working to clarify the many questions they’re being asked. 

    awesome thanks, ill keep an eye out. last time i bought my 1070, walked in at like 1p on a sunday and no lines and just in and out. hopefully itll be the same this time around
  • I have a 2070 S paired with a Ryzen 7 3700x and I use a 1440p 165hz monitor, do you think it's worth the upgrade to 3080 get the most out of my monitor? Or should I just stick with the 2070 S?
  • Shanks said:
    I have a 2070 S paired with a Ryzen 7 3700x and I use a 1440p 165hz monitor, do you think it's worth the upgrade to 3080 get the most out of my monitor? Or should I just stick with the 2070 S?
    I have same but 4k 60hz monitor. Ill be getting the 3080. Just upgraded from B450 to a X570. 
  • How fast will you sell out of the RTX 3080? I have a doctor's appointment until 10:30, do you have any idea on how long the RTX might last in the store?
  • GTAWWEKID said:
    Shanks said:
    I have a 2070 S paired with a Ryzen 7 3700x and I use a 1440p 165hz monitor, do you think it's worth the upgrade to 3080 get the most out of my monitor? Or should I just stick with the 2070 S?
    I have same but 4k 60hz monitor. Ill be getting the 3080. Just upgraded from B450 to a X570. 
    sweet, are you able to get 4k 60fps on your current build? and at what settings?
  • Do you guys think people are gonna camp outside for the 3080? I wanna know whether I should set an alarm lol
  • How fast will you sell out of the RTX 3080? I have a doctor's appointment until 10:30, do you have any idea on how long the RTX might last in the store?
    Depending on how they release these cards, I'd expect them to sell out even before the store opens. Meaning that people will either be lined up outside or given vouchers for the available inventory. If you're not in either one, you'll have to rely on online order
  • Did we ever get an answer will the store carry the new cards on launch I would like to know please! 
  • Did we ever get an answer will the store carry the new cards on launch I would like to know please! 
    We will have the AIB cards from manufacturers like EVGA, ASUS, MSI, etc... on launch day, but we will NOT carry Founders Edition cards. 
    How fast will you sell out of the RTX 3080? I have a doctor's appointment until 10:30, do you have any idea on how long the RTX might last in the store?
    Assuming we do stick with a voucher system, the cards could all be spoken for before we actually open. At the very least I would expect them to sell out almost immediately. I think some people may be overestimating how many of these cards we'll actually have. We're not going to have all the shelves just lined with 3080s ready and waiting, it'll take some time for supply and demand to equalize and stock is going to be limited at the very beginning. Shanks said:
    I have a 2070 S paired with a Ryzen 7 3700x and I use a 1440p 165hz monitor, do you think it's worth the upgrade to 3080 get the most out of my monitor? Or should I just stick with the 2070 S?
    Well, does your GPU do everything you need it to right now? That's the question I'd be asking.

    "Worth it" is pretty relative in my opinion. It's not like when the 3080 drops your 2070 Super is suddenly going to perform worse. I'm considering the 3080 (or a similar AMD competitor if RDNA2 turns out to be really solid) but it's not like I need to upgrade. I just like new shiny things  :D 

    If you make a habit of playing graphically intense titles, then it could certainly be worth it, especially if you play games that support RTX and want that experience. But if you're playing stuff that's lighter, and/or doesn't support RTX, I would ask myself "is this ACTUALLY going to give me the improvement I'm looking for?"
  • hi what will the deal be with waiting outside in the morning, when will we be able to get in line?
  • i will be there as early as i can be
  • How will the voucher system work?
    will the website show what stock will be available for a particular store before Thursday morning?
Sign In or Register to comment.