Will the GeForce RTX™ 3080 (After market and Founders Edition) be available on the release date?

Options
2»

Comments

• Lmao you guys are going at 7 AM? I'm going to Tustin the day before lol
  • ChrisAJSon
    Options
    @TSTonyV any updates about the vouchers and how will micro center handle it?
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    OscarAT38 said:
    Lmao you guys are going at 7 AM? I'm going to Tustin the day before lol
    exactly, i've heard there's already lines right now at some locations. You'll be out of luck at 7 am lol. I was also thinking getting there the day before. Hopefully the one I'm going to doesn't already have people in line, as we speak. Because if so, I'm never going to get one.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that there are lines right now two days before release.  I can see Wednesday night, but not right now lol. Where are you lining up at?  You sitting on the curb while watching people and playing on your phone? lol   What are you calling your buddy to take your "spot" while you go take a shower, eat, sleep?  
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that there are lines right now two days before release.  I can see Wednesday night, but not right now lol. Where are you lining up at?  You sitting on the curb while watching people and playing on your phone? lol   What are you calling your buddy to take your "spot" while you go take a shower, eat, sleep?  
    Not me no, others. I'll be doing 3090, so I should have less competition, but I'm going to play it safe and get there plenty early as the store im going to might have like 3.
  • ChrisAJSon
    Options
    OscarAT38 said:
    Lmao you guys are going at 7 AM? I'm going to Tustin the day before lol
    exactly, i've heard there's already lines right now at some locations. You'll be out of luck at 7 am lol. I was also thinking getting there the day before. Hopefully the one I'm going to doesn't already have people in line, as we speak. Because if so, I'm never going to get one.
    Oh gosh, where is this?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    @TSTonyV any updates about the vouchers and how will micro center handle it?
    For anybody checking back to this thread, no updates on this unfortunately. Best I can say is it's going to be handled individually by each local store. The only definitive information we have is what's in the FAQ at this point. 
  • skes
    Options
    well my local microcenter just informed me that they will not be getting their shipment in of 3080's and cancelled the launch event. said to check online for availability then go to store if they have them and they dont know when
  • joejccva71
    Options
    skes said:
    well my local microcenter just informed me that they will not be getting their shipment in of 3080's and cancelled the launch event. said to check online for availability then go to store if they have them and they dont know when
    Which store is that?
  • skes
    Options
    "Hi,

Unfortunately, we just got word from our shipping team that we will not be receiving our shipment of the 3080 cards on 9/17/2020 as planned. We will not be doing a voucher system as planned any longer. Please do not line up in front of the store as we will be unable to do a special launch event. Keep an eye on the website for them to be stocked, before coming in for your card.  

Thank you for your understanding"
    this was the email they sent me about an hour ago and I also went in today to double confirm
  • SikSol
    SikSol
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I have a feeling that is going to be a common trend. This is going to be mostly a paper launch, the fact places like EVGA wont be ready to launch the FTW3 until "hours or days" later and the scarcity of info from all manufactures and retailers doesn't bode well for launch day pickup and I doubt online ordering will fare much better. 
  • joejccva71
    Options
    It would be nice to have an official word on this before we drive out to the stores or try to wake up early to get their early.
  • skes
    Options
    Does anyone know of any way to check if other micro centers will have the shipment or not? There's another one about an hour from me but there is no way to tell if they will have them
  • cucuchu
    cucuchu ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Wouldn't surprise me if this is the case for most/all stores. Guess I'll be playing the F5 spamming game tomorrow morning for the 13 3080's alloted to the entirety of North America.
  • ChrisAJSon
    Options
    Oh no, I have to skip school then and head there as early as I can be. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99