Restock RTX 3080

Options
DeusRego
DeusRego ✭✭
First Anniversary
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Do you guys have any idea when you'll restock the 3080. I live an hour away so basically the only chance I have is if I can find out the day before to stay in line overnight. 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    It's going to vary depending on your local store. Some stores got another shipment during the day on the 17th, some might get some today. We can't make any guarantees, but we're trying to restock these items as quickly as possible. 
  • I live about 40 minutes away from the Cambridge location and my plan is to check the website before I go to bed. My hope is that if new stock arrives, it will be available when the doors open so I can line up in the morning.
    Does this plan seem likely to work? Or does new stock typically come during the day and potentially get sold out by the time the store closes? 
    Also, would it be a good idea to contact my local store to ask about when they expect to possibly get new stock, or would I be wasting their time?
    Thanks for the help.
  • shloohoo
    Options
    Someone talked about walking into microcenter this morning and getting a 3080. He says that you should go in the morning and try to ask if they got it. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I live about 40 minutes away from the Cambridge location and my plan is to check the website before I go to bed. My hope is that if new stock arrives, it will be available when the doors open so I can line up in the morning.
    Does this plan seem likely to work? Or does new stock typically come during the day and potentially get sold out by the time the store closes? 
    Also, would it be a good idea to contact my local store to ask about when they expect to possibly get new stock, or would I be wasting their time?
    Thanks for the help.
    Normally we'd have new stock come in then put it out the next day, but for the new cards I've heard of cases where a store got a shipment during the day and sold them right after just because of how high demand is right now, obviously we're not going to wait to sell those cards. Everything is kind of happening on the fly and it may take a little bit for things to stabilize. 
  • Piedball
    Options
    Will there be any cards tommorow morning at sharonville
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Piedball said:
    Will there be any cards tommorow morning at sharonville
    Unfortunately we generally aren't aware of new inventory until the day it arrives. I would stop into your local store and check for inventory from time to time.
  • Chito
    Options
    when will stock be in if you guys know?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Hey @Chito. Typically we're not aware of when new inventory will arrive until the day of. I'd recommend checking your local store or checking our website in the future as we start to receive more inventory.
  • Sy_
    Options
    I have some gripes about this launch and Microcenters handing. Microcenter said they don't want lines, but every morning there is a around twenty people hoping for a card here in Denver. This isn't safe or sanitary for anyone, but an associate just told me it's the only thing to do. You could be instituting a queue or wait list instead of having lines of people outside every day. Watching stock online is as much of a joke as auto notify emails from retailers. I've had a python script scraping your site for three weeks and never seen a thing because there are so many people sitting outside waiting online stock doesn't update before it's sold. Surely there are people thinking of creative ways to service and protect your customers through this. 
  • confusedoorknob
    Options
    Should i call them tomorrow when i wake up and when they're open and see if i can slide in there and sneak myself an asus tuf 3080 lol
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should i call them tomorrow when i wake up and when they're open and see if i can slide in there and sneak myself an asus tuf 3080 lol
    As much as I'd love for it to be that easy, it's not going to get you anywhere. When you call, it goes through our call center which is centralized in the corporate office and we don't know what availability really looks like at the stores.

Plus, with everything I've heard the Tustin store always has people waiting in the morning to get a card so even if we did know exactly how many cards were there when you called, they're probably all claimed before you'd even get in your car and head over. And unfortunately it looks like supply isn't going to stabilize for a while considering how insanely high the demand still is. 

• TSTonyV said:
    As much as I'd love for it to be that easy, it's not going to get you anywhere. When you call, it goes through our call center which is centralized in the corporate office and we don't know what availability really looks like at the stores.

Plus, with everything I've heard the Tustin store always has people waiting in the morning to get a card so even if we did know exactly how many cards were there when you called, they're probably all claimed before you'd even get in your car and head over. And unfortunately it looks like supply isn't going to stabilize for a while considering how insanely high the demand still is. 

Can I check this website for availability at my local store or do I have to physically go there every day?
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    @Chupacabra

The stock on our website wouldn't be the best source.  When we get them in stock, they will be sold to the people who are first in line waiting for the 3080, and they won't show up online as they are always claimed by people waiting outside the store. 
  • @Chupacabra

The stock on our website wouldn't be the best source.  When we get them in stock, they will be sold to the people who are first in line waiting for the 3080, and they won't show up online as they are always claimed by people waiting outside the store. 
    yikes. ok. thanks.
    and there isn't a best day of the week to show up, right? I'm assuming that restock is a completely random day.
  • AlexMalave
    edited November 2020
    Options
    TSPhillipT,
    How are the lines looking lately, are they still overnight or do you have a chance if you get ther an hour or 2 before opening (Dallas store)?
  • TheRob
    Options
    Does microcenter cambridge stock Gigabyt 3080 OC vision cards in store, or would I have to fight bots online for a change at having something stronger than a 10 series? 
  • JS_MC
    Options

Hello @TheRob Limited availability items like the Gigabyte 3080 are solely available in-store.

We are currently sold out of this item at our Cambridge location, but I'd recommend checking our Limited Availability FAQ for more information about how we're handling these kinds of items.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99