my corsair h100i is not showing up in icue or device manager — Micro Center

my corsair h100i is not showing up in icue or device manager

i had microcenter build me a pc with the parts of my choice and the cpu cooler aio is the corsair h100i platinum se but it is not showing up in icue and i worked with @TSPhillipT and he said to check if the cooler is listed under device manager and I dont think it was listed there either. Im not sure if there is another place it can be listed at btw. Im pretty sure the aio itself works fine like the fans spin depending on the temperature and the pump/fans light up (default colorway since I cant control via Icue software). I can feel water flowing too. Temps seem normal too. The issue is with it showing up in corsair Icue. Anyone know what it could be?

Comments

• Greetings @Prathik

I would assume then that the USB iCUE cable was not connected to the unit. This is a USB cable that connects to the side of the water block, opposite of the tubes. It should connect to a USB 2.0 header on the bottom of your board. This is how iCUE communicates with the unit. It is required for control, but not required for the unit to function. Check your accessories box.
  • I think microcenter already put it because I already see the usb cable connected to the unit and there is two usb 2.0 headers and both are occupied (one probably by the pump) so maybe I could replug it. Could you let me know how the usb 2.0 part that plugs into the header looks like? And also, I tried plugging in a normal micro usb from the pump to the rear io shield but nothing changed. But i think that is because the micro usb part that went into the pump was a loose connection I dont know why. It is the same as the one that came with the corsair h100i cooler

• I tried replugging both ends of the cable and there was no difference. I unplugged and replugged the part of the cable that goes to the usb 2.0 header and I unplugged/replugged the micro-usb part of the cable. Nothing changed
  • @Prathik
    And you have no devices in Device Manager that are indicating a problem or aren't installed? No Corsair devices under Human Interface Devices?
  • No there is a "corsair composite virtual input device" in human interface devices.
  • TSTonyVTSTonyV admin
    edited November 2020
    Prathik said:
    No there is a "corsair composite virtual input device" in human interface devices.
    Try uninstalling that driver, then restarting the system and it should automatically reinstall. This isn't a guaranteed fix but it might help.