my corsair h100i is not showing up in icue or device manager

Options
i had microcenter build me a pc with the parts of my choice and the cpu cooler aio is the corsair h100i platinum se but it is not showing up in icue and i worked with @TSPhillipT and he said to check if the cooler is listed under device manager and I dont think it was listed there either. Im not sure if there is another place it can be listed at btw. Im pretty sure the aio itself works fine like the fans spin depending on the temperature and the pump/fans light up (default colorway since I cant control via Icue software). I can feel water flowing too. Temps seem normal too. The issue is with it showing up in corsair Icue. Anyone know what it could be?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Greetings @Prathik

I would assume then that the USB iCUE cable was not connected to the unit. This is a USB cable that connects to the side of the water block, opposite of the tubes. It should connect to a USB 2.0 header on the bottom of your board. This is how iCUE communicates with the unit. It is required for control, but not required for the unit to function. Check your accessories box.
  • Prathik
    Options
    I think microcenter already put it because I already see the usb cable connected to the unit and there is two usb 2.0 headers and both are occupied (one probably by the pump) so maybe I could replug it. Could you let me know how the usb 2.0 part that plugs into the header looks like? And also, I tried plugging in a normal micro usb from the pump to the rear io shield but nothing changed. But i think that is because the micro usb part that went into the pump was a loose connection I dont know why. It is the same as the one that came with the corsair h100i cooler

• Prathik
    Options
    I tried replugging both ends of the cable and there was no difference. I unplugged and replugged the part of the cable that goes to the usb 2.0 header and I unplugged/replugged the micro-usb part of the cable. Nothing changed
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options
    @Prathik
    And you have no devices in Device Manager that are indicating a problem or aren't installed? No Corsair devices under Human Interface Devices?
  • Prathik
    Options
    No there is a "corsair composite virtual input device" in human interface devices.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Prathik said:
    No there is a "corsair composite virtual input device" in human interface devices.
    Try uninstalling that driver, then restarting the system and it should automatically reinstall. This isn't a guaranteed fix but it might help. 
  • frosty
    Options

im having the exact same problem, the lighting node core pops up in the icue software but not h100i device itself, any help would be appreciated. (also i should mention that when i first built the computer the cooler did appear in icue but has since stopped working)

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @frosty have you look to see if its showing in device manager? Try to follow some of the steps shared to @Prathik to see if they apply to your scenario. Also try to restart the ICUE service by opening ICUE and going into settings and the restart icue service.

• frosty
    frosty
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2021
    Options

@TSTDavey the same as him i only have the corsair composite virtual input device listed under human interface devices, i also tried rewiring my desktop yesterday and made sure everything was connected properly as well as restarting the icue service but i still have the same issue.

• TSPhillipT
    Options

Hello @frosty

Can you uninstall and reinstall your iCUE software? The drivers to detect it are on your iCUE software so let's try resetting that.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@frosty

Corsair Composite Virtual Input sounds more like a keyboard driver. Do you have a Corsair keyboard? Do you have anything under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" labeled Corsair?

The cable is a standard micro USB. If you have a spare, it's worth testing the cable. Just leave the side panel off and plug in the type A end to the rear I/O. You can do this with the system on, you'll be able to see if device manager detects the device. It will refresh.

• frosty
    Options

@TSPhillipT tried reinstalling the iCUE software and no luck.

• frosty
    Options

@TSMikeW i dont have a corsair keyboard and this is what was listed under universal serial bus controllers, i dont know if it could be any of the bottom 4 or not.

• MichaelBolton
    edited July 2021
    Options

For those coming across the thread from google:

run USBLogView from nirsoft to watch a list of usb connects and disconnects.

This helps in diagnosing USB issues.

You should also check out usbDeview to see a list of disconnected USB devices and the drivers they have loaded.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99