How to reset button etc config to original and how to adjust the sensitivity of the trackball?

I recently purchased the Atari ultimate fighting stick with trackball at MC.  I wanted to adjust the trackball sensitivity as shown on YouTube but couldn't find the menu being shown.  I went to reconfigure UI on the main menu but after that all my inputs (buttons, trackball, joysticks etc) stopped working and/or stopped being recognized.  Do you know how I can do a factory reset so that all the inputs will be recognized just as they were when the unit was brand new?  Also, where on the menu is the adjustment for track ball sensitivity? The YouTube video gets there thru a MAME menu but I don't see any MAME menu on my unit.  Do you know how to get to the MAME menu?

Thanks for your assistance.

Comments

• To do a factory reset the best bet is to plug a keyboard into the raspberry pi, reboot the unit, and hold shift when the recovery screen appears. I've posted more detailed instructions in this thread

Once you're in game, pressing 'C' will launch the MAME menu. The trackball settings are under "Analog Controls".
  • Thanks for your help!!!!
  • Maf23
    Maf23
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
    I cannot change trackball sensitivity on Centipede arcade game. I enter Retroarch input Settings and increase Analog Sensitivity to 5.0 and set to save settings on exit so when i quit and come back it is still 5.0, but behavior in games is not affected. I noticed when Analog Sensitivity is highlighted it says “1.8.8 - No Core” at the bottom of the screen instead of describing the setting. I am operating in the current Retropie v4.7.1.  What am I doing wrong?  Also when launching game my keyboard is working as I press “c” repeatedly and it shows up on screen, but I can’t get into the MAME menu.  Is it locked in a config file somewhere?
  • Figured it out.  Pressing Select+X in game and then setting “Display MAME Menu”  to On.in Options gets to “Analog Controls” setting where the Track X/Y Sensitivity can be changed.  255% for X and 100% for Y sensitivity makes Arcade Centipede playable with Trackball.  Missile Command needs adjusted to be playable as well.
  • I'm assuming that the mame versions have changed or something, when I press select + X in game, I get a quick message in the corner of the screen that states reset, and then goes away. No mame menu. I'm in centipede, trying to increase the sensitivity. Am I doing something wrong? How do I increase the track ball sensitivity for centipede? Thanks.
  • Maf23
    Maf23
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, I started with a fresh install of Retropie. Use a fresh USB with a folder called "retropie-mount" and reboot the Pi to extract the pre-loaded games.  Then put the Atari microSD aside and load a fresh image of Retropie to a new microSD card.  Then when the USB is inserted with the new Retropie build you will have more options available. Also you need to use the Fightstick controls when entering the button presses within a game.
  • NickBiederman
    edited December 2020
    @JamesA
    Plug a keyboard into the Raspberry Pi. Launch the game and wait for it to finish loading. Press C on the keyboard. This will launch a menu that will allow you to change the sensitivity. It's under "Analog Controls". You can't launch the menu until the game has loaded. 

I just tested this on a fresh install of the Microcenter Atari image. If it doesn't work for you it's possible you have an older version or have made changes that either lock the menu or change the button that launches the menu. You can install (or reinstall) the most recent image by following the instructions here.
  • Confirmed this works as well.  I was trying to preserve my original image in case I messed things up accidentally.  I did notice the screen is cut off at the top for centipede on the original image settings (can't see scores).  I noticed that on some of the other games as well.
  • @Maf23
    You may need to enable overscan compensation. On our image it's disabled by default for compatibility with the monitors we sell in our arcade cabinet kits (and every monitor I have personally tested). On a fresh install of Retropie it's enabled. From the Emulation Station system view scroll to RetroPie, then select raspi-config from the list. Under "7. Advanced Options", select "A2. Overscan", then "Yes" in the window asking if you'd like to enable overscan compensation. When you exist raspi-config you'll be prompted to reboot the system. Say yes. If there's a black border around the screen the problem is caused by something else. If not, you're good to go.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99