PowerSpec G464 rebooting randomly

Options

Comments

• dcups
    Options
    Ian said:
    Dcol2 said:

Dcol2 said:
    i think one of the reps stopped responding? Not sure if I see the continued email.
    Hello. I am unsure what email you are referring to. I see an earlier post from you that you were going to visit the store for further troubleshooting. You are still experiencing the same issues after it was brought in?  Is there a specific program or anything that you are using when these issues occur? 

Call of Duty Warzone. Happens randomly during gameplay.
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Could you press Ctrl + R and type in "msinfo32" and send a screenshot of the summary page that comes up so we can see the BIOS version you have?

We'd recommend trying this as well.

1. Get Display driver uninstaller from Guru3d

2. Restart your machine in safe mode.

3. Wipe ALL AMD graphics drivers.

4. Restart the machine in normal mode.

5. Download AMD driver 19.12.1 from Guru3d

AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.1 driver download

6 Here is the important part - Choose "custom install"

The installer will try to get you to download the latest drivers so make sure you select 19.12.1

Now in the install screen, there will be features checked to install.

Make sure everything is UNCHECKED except the DRIVER ONLY

Then restart the machine.

Also make sure that the graphic drivers are NOT set to automatically update.

• dcups
    Options
    This junk of a computer is really pissing me off. I still get a kernel power error, all of a sudden when I call, nobody picks up. What kind of service is this?

Spent nearly $2k on a trash setup for it to barely play a game. Randomly reboots, or shuts off. I’m really and very extremely pissed off.

No I don’t want to return it. I want a computer that should perform as advertised. 

/rant
  • dcups
    Options
    Going to the mC in westmont right now. If you have any questions, speak directly to the service department.

Here goes another 80mi round trip drive...as if gas on 93oct prem is cheap...
  • JS_MC
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your computer. I'd be happy to keep working with you to resolve this issue.
    What number did you call to speak with someone? Our technical support line does not a long queue at this time, and we'd be happy to help.
    Were you able to find out what BIOS version you are currently using?
    We're here to help in any way that we can, but our service department will also take great care of you. Again, my apologies for the difficulty here. Please let me know if you'd like for me to continue to assist you. I'd be happy to send you an email directly about this.
    Thank you.
  • dcups
    Options
    Dropped off my computer and they installed a new ‘Devil’ 5700xt graphics card 
  • JJGonz
    Options

Thank you everyone for reporting this issue!  I am also experiencing this issue.  My computer reboots for no apparent reason, it  happened several times now - as matter of fact  it just restarted few minutes ago reason I started searching the web for known defect.  I thought at first it was my power supply so I replaced the battery, but the restart still happening. Today when it rebooted I checked all the devices including my laptop, printer, router connected to the power supply is still running.  This  is my 2nd Power Spec and the first one did not have any issues - I even recommended this brand to a friend of mine who bought the same computer.

Please Help!

jjgonz

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hello @JJGonz Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your PowerSpec.

Could you confirm the model of PowerSpec? Which desktop did you have?

Have you made sure that your desktop has the latest drivers and Windows updates are installed?

Have you checked your Event Viewer to see if there is anything specific that may be causing the reboot?

We'd be happy to help you look into this!

Looking forward to your reply!

• Hate to revive a dead thread, but I've been having the same issue as the OP as well as the other folks. Same prebuilt. G464. This is my second one. First one they swapped out for this one, and since I've had this one, the water pump has already been replaced. It keeps rebooting, making a whirring noise while doing so. Its happened playing Valorant, Battlefield 4, and Splitgate. Critical>Kernel-Power logs. It has logged this 18x since February which is around when I swapped out this one for the previous one. Originally purchased Nov 2020. Please advise. Power supply or graphics card issue?

• hoon84lee
    Options

just recently picked up a open box powerspec G464, same issue here, random reboot. i haven't played any game in this rig. just browsing and video streaming.. then boom, random reboot. guess im not the only one.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@hoon84lee

Could you tell us the build number on the system? This should be located on the serial number sticker on the rear of the chassis.

• JS_MC
    Options

Hey, @DudeItsDylan and @hoon84lee You've come to the right place!

I'd be happy to take a look at this with you to see what's going on.

Are you seeing any specific errors in the Event viewer?

If you haven't checked on this yet, could you please check your Event Viewer to see if there are any specific references to why a crash may be occurring.

Also, would you mind running "msinfo32" (You can type this in the start menu)? This will run the system information program. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of this with us? It will give us additional info about your specific system.

Thanks!

• hoon84lee
    hoon84lee ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2021
    Options

@TSMikeW the sticker says build number 2.

@LandShark msinfo32 screenshot below

reboot occurs anytime, nothing specifically running. sometimes it can be early in the use, like 5 min after first boot of the day. reboot then it may working fine for 2,3 hrs then reboot again.

• Ian
    Options

Are you receiving a blue screen or error message when your PC reboots or it is just randomly turning off?

• hoon84lee
    Options

@Ian mine just reboots without blue screen or error message.

• hoon84lee
    Options

spoke too soon, just got BSOD.

• Ian
    Options

What is the blue screen you are receiving? If you don't have that info now, run Bluescreenview on your PC and post a screenshot / post the description: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview-x64.zip

• hoon84lee
    Options

bluescreenreview didn't catch the crash from yesterday. but it has crash data from 10/7/2021

==================================================

Dump File     : 100721-10390-01.dmp

Crash Time    : 10/7/2021 6:52:47 AM

Bug Check String : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Bug Check Code  : 0x0000003b

Parameter 1    : 00000000`c0000006

Parameter 2    : fffff807`586cbad2

Parameter 3    : ffff9307`737da570

Parameter 4    : 00000000`00000000

Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f71b0

File Description : NT Kernel & System

Product Name   : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

Company      : Microsoft Corporation

File Version   : 10.0.19041.1266 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

Processor     : x64

Crash Address   : ntoskrnl.exe+3f71b0

Stack Address 1  : 

Stack Address 2  : 

Stack Address 3  : 

Computer Name   : 

Full Path     : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100721-10390-01.dmp

Processors Count : 24

Major Version   : 15

Minor Version   : 19041

Dump File Size  : 15,661,188

Dump File Time  : 10/7/2021 6:54:16 AM

==================================================

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@hoon84lee

Is that the only one logged? If you have more, please show us a screenshot of bluescreenview with the complete list.

• hoon84lee
    hoon84lee ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @TSMikeWThis is what i captured recently. 

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@hoon84lee

Please create a bootable flash drive for Memtest86: https://www.memtest86.com/

Run four passes, lets see if you get any errors.

• hoon84lee
    Options

ran it all night, got the result. all pass.

• hoon84lee
    Options

just crashed again.

• Ian
    Options

Seems like you are receiving a variety of different crashes, we might be looking at a corrupted OS here. Does your Windows show it is up to date when you check for updates?

• I dont use my PC very often, so the events are few and far between. This is also my second PC. Its already been replaced once and it happened more with the first one than with this one.

• Heres the full log since it was replaced:

• Ian
    Options

Are you receiving any blue screens? If so run Bluescreenview on your PC and post a screenshot / post the description: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview-x64.zip

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@hoon84lee

ASUS Com service. Lets try to rule some things out and target what we're seeing. Windows + R or search for "msconfig". Go to "Services", check "Hide all Microsoft Services". Disable everything that isn't a Microsoft service or essential to your use of the machine. See if it crashes again. If not, we'll re-enable the services and remove the AUS Com Service. If you do this, I'd disable Armory Crate in the BIOS as well.

• hoon84lee
    Options

@TSMikeW i have disable the asus com after some research on the same day when i got that error. so far no issue.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@hoon84lee

ASUS Com Service/Armory Crate on an MSI board could certainly create issues. Your motherboard was replaced by the service department, correct?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99