Powerspec g464 rebooting problems — Micro Center

Powerspec g464 rebooting problems

I've only had this computer for about 2 weeks and now it is shutting down and rebooting whenever I am streaming Dead by Daylight. I am seeing that this is an with this model in this forum. Is there a way I can fix this or do I have to bring this back to the store for service?

Comments

• IanIan admin
    I've only had this computer for about 2 weeks and now it is shutting down and rebooting whenever I am streaming Dead by Daylight. I am seeing that this is an with this model in this forum. Is there a way I can fix this or do I have to bring this back to the store for service?
    Greetings, Are you getting any blue screens or anything? Any error messages? 
  • No, I haven't gotten any blue screens. The computer just shuts down, I hear buzzing from my headphones, and the computer reboots as if nothing happened.
  • Hi @blueblur77, could you please check the Event Viewer to see what may be causing these restarts?
    Right-click on the Start button and select Control Panel > System & Security and double-click Administrative Tools. Then double-click Event Viewer.
    Are there any Critical or Error logs after your computer restarts on its own?
  • I have the Powerspec g464 and it does the exact same thing. Had about 1-2 weeks. Black screens and instareboots the PC or shuts down entirely when playing any video game. Anything requiring the GPU it seems. The g464 does this for me, and I have already swapped in the Powerspec g358 for the exact same reason. Black screens as soon as any game starts. Look at the reviews for these 2 PCs on the microcenter store. Many people are having this issue with the Powerspec computers but none of the microcenter representatives seem to be aware of it. Not sure if I should return the PC or try and get it "repaired" since the repairs I've seen done by the repair shop has not fixed this issue.
  • LandSharkLandShark admin
    edited January 4
    @georgem3 I'd love to know if your computer is showing any Critical errors as well!
    Since you mentioned that you think yours is specifically to do with the GPU, have you tried reinstalling the GPU drivers?
    Our service department would be able to take a look at your desktop as well if you would prefer!

Would you mind checking to see what your BIOS version is? You can use MSinfo32 to verify this information. 
  • @LandShark Thanks for your response. No critical errors (meaning text errors that show up on the crash?). The screen just goes black and the PC reboots. I just tried updating to the latest AMD drivers (dated 11/30/20) and it crashed still. While the random crashes are unpredictable, the PC reliably crashes if I jump into a video game quickly after booting up. The games it has crashed during League of Legends (crashed once), which is not intensive, and Grim Dawn, made in 2016, so intensive-ish but not crazy. The BIOS version is American Megatrends Inc. 2607, 8/14/2020
  • Sorry, my request was a bit confusing. Are you seeing any logs in the Event Viewer under the Critical Errors tab? You can open this window by typing "Event Viewer" in the Start menu
    My system shows 0 below. I'm hoping your system may show some answers.

• Are you able to try testing the desktop in a different outlet, power cable, or circuit?
  • Here are the critical errors. Plenty of non-critical ones as well.

As for the different outlet and power cable, I can make this happen, though not now.
  • From that information, it looks like it's an unexpected shutdown. Let's try testing the power and then see if we can find any difference there.
    Another option would be to boot your PC in safe mode. This would check to see if it's a driver compatibility issue. If the issue doesn't reappear when you start your PC in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings, basic device drivers, and services as possible causes.
    Looking forward to your response.
  • This is a capture of my event viewer. 
  • edited January 5
    I've been getting the kernel power critical error after every shut down. 
  • @blueblur77 just chiming in. The Critical Kernel power error just means windows unexpectedly shutdown. Have you tried @LandShark suggestions of attempting to go into safe mode and see if windows boots from there and does not reboot like what you've been experiencing? Here is a link of how to get into safe mode from the Windows Login screen using the Shift Key + selecting restart from the power on and off icon with the mouse cursor.

Link: https://support.avira.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002870214-How-do-I-start-Windows-10-in-Safe-Mode- 

LandShark said:
    From that information, it looks like it's an unexpected shutdown. Let's try testing the power and then see if we can find any difference there.
    Another option would be to boot your PC in safe mode. This would check to see if it's a driver compatibility issue. If the issue doesn't reappear when you start your PC in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings, basic device drivers, and services as possible causes.
    Looking forward to your response.

• I had microcenter swap out the graphics card with an ROG amd 5700xt and the crashing issue has not shown up yet. I believe it may have fixed it.
  • I have booted up the computer in Safe Mode and everything ran as normal. I tried to stream Call of Duty: Cold War and the system crashed almost immediately. It seems to only happen when I attempt to stream a game. Later today, after work I will try I different outlet to see if that will change anything.
  • @blueblur77 it could be an issue with the RX 5700 in the G464. We will be emailing you to get more information from you on your powerspec. We can give you options. Look out for the email.