Ethernet and WiFi slow - G707 - Intel i211 gigabit - Xfinity 400MBps

tfmurdo
tfmurdo
edited October 2021 in General Discussion

Hello,

In August I bought an ASUS laptop and had some issues with slow speeds over ethernet and Wi-Fi the day I bought it. They literally seemed to work themselves out over the next day. I have no issues with download function anymore. Pulling 390MBps on both ether and Wi-Fi on this laptop.

Now, I just bought the PowerSpec G707 yesterday. I can only get the Wi-Fi to go up to 150MBps, and the Ethernet to go up to 94MBps. When I first booted, it would only go up to 10 MBps. Xfinity service is 400MBps.

Xfinity gigabit modem/router, cable to port in wall, cable to switch, tg 5 port gigabit switch, cable to port on office wall, cable to pc with onboard Intel I211 gigabit NIC. Motherboard, AS Rock X570 Pro4. Wi-Fi is separate card.

Testing on both speedtest.net and xfinity speed test sites. All cabling same as the laptop that's working fine when hooked up to it. Same exact cable as a matter of fact. PC is 3 feet from where the laptop resides, so distance isn't a factor for Wi-Fi.

I have scrolled through youtube and the web and have done all of the little settings to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have upgraded every driver I can think of from manufactureres websites. The only thing I can think of that I have not done is make sure the BIOS is updated. Don't think that would do this though.

Does someone have anything on this?

Thanks,

Tim

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.