What are some general should have parts in a $1700 build for gaming and university?

Options
Hi,
I am signing up for university soon so i need a PC that is decent in terms of storage but still very good for gaming. I play games mostly on the competitive side so i will probably only be using low to medium settings although i would like to be able to run higher and support things such as vr. Since this wont be upgraded for quite some time, i would like to run a 2080 graphics card pr a 2070 at least. I'm not to sure what other corners to cut but this will be ran on a 144hz monitor 1ms 1080. Anything helps thanks for reading. 
PS. If possible list the fps average because i mostly play shooters and i would love if i could sustain a good count.

Comments

• Tyreese
    Options
    I forgot to mention that this a similar build to what i want just trying to cut corners in the right places to make it 1700 to 1800 without hindering the important things like my fps and actual performance 
    https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Build looks solid for what you're putting into it. With the 3700X and the 2080 super you're not going to have performance issues for a very long time. I would mention what I do mention here for most people. Buy some DDR4-3600Mhz, it's optimal for Zen 2.  Runs synchronous at the fclk clock. If you're asynchronous  you're going to take a 5ns hit, so you might as well have the higher frequency and slightly higher timings the DDR4-3600Mhz kits offer.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99