3D Printing Face Shields

Options
ryau
ryau ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
edited April 2020 in 3D Printing

Micro Center has been working with hundreds of healthcare professionals and organizations to help make a difference in the fight against COVID-19. Our fleet of 3D printers have been busy printing face shields based on the open source design by PRUSA Research (who has already printed and donated over 35,000!) to support local healthcare groups, and we've donated enough filament to produce approximately 6,000 face shields. Earlier this week our Micro Center Fairfax donated about 110lbs (50kbs) of PLA to Nova Labs in Virgina, who is supporting the Washington DC VA Medical Center.

If you have a 3D printer and would also like to create and donate one of these face shields, you can get details and model files from PRUSA: https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/27950-prusa-face-shield-us-version

PRUSA has over 500 3D printers and are able to produce about 800 pieces per day. Our Micro Center community has a few thousand printers, and since these face shields cost less than $1 in filament, it's another great way to give back to your local communities.

You may also want to sign up with Masksfordocs who can pair you up with local healthcare groups to make sure the right equipment goes to the right people.

Comments

• PhilDColumbus
    Options
    I used 6 Ender 3 Pro 3D printers purchased at Microcenter and Inland PLA+ filament to make about 40 of these face shields based on the PRUSA design. The design worked well. Used acrylic sheet for the shield and elastic with 3D printed adjustment piece for the band.

I donated them to Ohio Health. Check https://cantstopcolumbus.com/ for donation centers.

• cyberhiker
    Options

I used my i3plus to create a bunch of face shields and ear savers to donate to a local assisted living facility. Not as nice as the Prusa design but I could print them a lot quicker and use less filament. :-)
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99