Setting up 3 monitors

Options
compNewB
compNewB
First Comment
edited June 2021 in Peripherals
Hello - I have two screens set up for my laptop (details below) and would like to add a third screen. I'm very new at this, so a lot of trial and error just for the two monitors, but i got it to work . The third one...I think I'm there...but not sure..so would deeply appreciate any advice. I will be using this for productivity purposes, not for gaming, as long as my spreadsheets and programs run fine, I'm good.
I have an ASUS E6951_B laptop (definitely a few years old), and it has a NVIDIA GEForce 760M graphics card. I'm also using the Toshiba Dynadock station. Currently, I have one monitor connected directly to the laptop via the VGA port, and another connects to the Dynadock via the DVI port. I have an HDMI port that I think I should be able to use for a third monitor. Googling "GEFORCE 760M 3 monitors" did not produce anything that I could understand...so I'm not sure if it can support 3 monitors ( there's only two outlets on my laptop...so likely it won't). I do plan to purchase 3 new monitors (e.g. P2419H, and I plan on putting them on a mount). What do I need to set up 3 monitors given the info I provided below. Would deeply appreciate the help. Thanks!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Couldn't find any specification regarding multiple monitors on the 760M. The desktop version does support 3 monitors. Looks like the Dynastation is rated for 2 monitors up to 2048x1152. Assuming its' the USB 3.0 version. I'd try the laptop first, but if not, you should be able to do the VGA from your laptop and DVI/HDMI from the dock.
  • compNewB
    Options
    Thanks TSMikeW - so looks like my existing infrastructure might work. I'll try it with a third monitor, and see how it goes..... :)
  • compNewB
    Options
    I got it to work!!! Using a temporary set of screens right now, but I do plan to upgrade all 3 screens. Would you recommend any, specifically for office productivity, and a 3 screen monitor stand?
    I was thinking about dell: https://www.dell.com/hr/business/p/dell-p2419h-monitor/pd for the monitors, haven't researched a good stand yet. Thanks!

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Depending on your price range for the monitors, there a lot of good options available at many different price points.  That said, Dell is known for making high-quality monitors, so I don't think you could go wrong with that option. 

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99