Power Spec G705 hard drive upgrade

I have a new G705 and I want to add an additional sata ssd and upgrade my existing drive. Can anyone tell me if I can and what parts. Thank you 

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    Greetings. Yes that has 2 2.5" and 2 3.5" drive bays available. We have an article for that case on how to locate those bays: https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2868/tech-article-how-to-locate-the-additional-drive-bays-in-a-lian-li-atx-205-case

You can use any 2.5" or 3.5" drive there, there isn't a specific part you are looking for. Windows etc. would be installed on the m.2 drive screwed in on the motherboard, if you wish to replace that you can use another m.2 drive, again, nothing specific needed, you would have to reinstall Windows/programs to change that over.

• Could I  clone my existing m.2 drive with Acronis software and replace it with a 2tb m.2 inland pro m.2ssd then I'm thinking of adding a 2.5 in. ssd in one of the open drive bays. 
    Thank you for your first answer and link. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    drbob said:
    Could I  clone my existing m.2 drive with Acronis software and replace it with a 2tb m.2 inland pro m.2ssd then I'm thinking of adding a 2.5 in. ssd in one of the open drive bays. 
    Thank you for your first answer and link. 
    Yes, you could do something like that if you would like.  I personally prefer backing up data, doing a clean install and redownloading any programs because cloning can be finicky at times, but that's just me. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99