HDD shows up in Disk Management but not My Computer

New build and i forgot to plug in the hdd until after the first boot (i used a ssd). I opened up 'my computer' to see if both storage devices were there and only the ssd showed up. I went to disk managment and found the hdd, right clicked, picked new simple volume, and followed the prompts to format a new drive. After all of this, the hdd still isnt showing up and im stuck. Most videos and guides ive googled have been unhelpful. Please help me or refer me to a way or method to fix it.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @beerlinsk! Welcome to the Community. 

I delete the other discussion since it was a duplicate. My recommendation would be first to delete the volume and try re-formatting it through disk management. If that doesn't work, you'll want to use diskpart to clean/reformat the drive.

This guide will give you an overview on how to get into and use diskpart. Follow the instructions for how to open, clean, and format a drive. That will usually fix any issues with a drive not wanting to show up or format properly, and of course if you have any questions feel free to ask. 
  • I just did the first thing you typed and it worked
    I hate how easy that was lol
    Thanks for the help
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Of course! Sometimes it's the simplest stuff that ends up working. Let us know if you have any other questions!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99