PC won't load any games

Options
My PC randomly stopped loading games. It will go to the menu of a game but as soon as I loaf into a game it crashes. Sometimes the whole computer restarts and other times just the game crashes. Help? 
Rx 5700xt red devil
Ryzen 7 3800x 
Msi x570 gaming edge wifi 
Corsair 850

Answers

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Most likely you're having a graphics driver related issue. 

Run the AMD Cleanup Utility to do a clean uninstall of your graphics drivers, then redownload and reinstall them. Disable hardware acceleration in other programs you have running the background, e.g. Google Chrome, Discord, Spotify. 

• Paulbert
    Options
    I have already done this and it didnt work 
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Paulbert said:
    I have already done this and it didnt work 
    Can you recall when this started happening? Do you know of any recent Windows updates, driver installations or software downloads that coincide with your games not loading/system crashing? I would recommend attempting a System Restore just to see if that has any effect on the crashing: https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/9025/how-to-run-a-system-restore-in-windows-10.

I would also recommend disabling any overclocks you have. This includes any CPU or GPU overclocks as well as any memory overclocking (manual, XMP, DOCP, etc).

Should that fail, you may want to backup your data and reinstall your Windows OS. If the crashing persists after that, we are definitely dealing with a hardware issue from that point, and will likely need to bring it in for further diagnostics.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99