Gaming PC (Budget: $900-$1000)

Hi! I've saved up for some time now and would like to build my first gaming PC. But, I don't exactly know what parts to choose, so I'm hoping someone could help me out! I have a budget of $900-1000 (just the PC budget and not including the monitor, keyboard, and mouse) and play mostly fps games like Siege, Fortnite, Valorant, Overwatch, CSGO, etc. I also want to start streaming, so maybe a good video card would be nice. If someone could also point out some good monitors, that'd be incredibly helpful too! I heard the Ryzen 3600 was a good cpu, so I was thinking of starting with that? Sorry, if I'm asking too much...I don't want to buy the wrong things and I'm new to everything. Thank you in advanced! :)

Comments

• Hi! I've saved up for some time now and would like to build my first gaming PC. But, I don't exactly know what parts to choose, so I'm hoping someone could help me out! I have a budget of $900-1000 (just the PC budget and not including the monitor, keyboard, and mouse) and play mostly fps games like Siege, Fortnite, Valorant, Overwatch, CSGO, etc. I also want to start streaming, so maybe a good video card would be nice. If someone could also point out some good monitors, that'd be incredibly helpful too! I heard the Ryzen 3600 was a good cpu, so I was thinking of starting with that? Sorry, if I'm asking too much...I don't want to buy the wrong things and I'm new to everything. Thank you in advanced! :)
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @emdotelle! Welcome to the Community. 

I went ahead and merged your two posts so we're not answering the same thing twice. I think you're on the right track with the Ryzen 5 3600. It's a great all around CPU especially at its price point and will do well in the games you mentioned. I think this would be good build altogether:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=44cef305-10ff-443a-966c-671c1042635f

It doesn't include the cost of Windows, but you can switch a couple parts around to save a little cost and leave room for that if you want. The RTX 2060 KO is a great card at its price point, and the NVENC encoder with the RTX cards is actually quite good if you're looking to stream. The Ryzen 5 3600 is also a good CPU for streaming if you want to go with software encoding depending if you want to go that route. Either way works, you'd have to play around with your settings to figure out which one works best for you. 

As for monitors, there are a lot of good monitors out there to choose from. What kind of monitor are you looking for? 1080p, 1440p, 24 inche or a larger screen?
  • I don't have a preference for monitor size, but I would say 1080p
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Looks like you're pretty close to your budget without the monitor. Looking at the cost effective options in the $100 area, here's two I can suggest for you.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/623070/benq-rl2455s-24-full-hd-75hz-hdmi-vga-dvi-d-esports-led-monitor

https://www.microcenter.com/product/483999/asus-vp247qg-236-full-hd-75hz-vga-hdmi-dp-freesync-led-monitor
  • MzBudget
    MzBudget
    First Comment
    edited March 2021

Hi,

I am trying to purchase a gaming pc for my son. However, I'm looking for something that is budget friendly and this is his first gaming pc. I've done a little research, I need a pc that won't overheat fast, has great specs, fast and you can upgrade for space. He is 14 and with COVID, has increased his time spent of gaming. He's not an expert on pcs, he just wants to play online with friends and now they all have upgraded to pcs. Which has put the pressure on me to purchase. What is your recommendation for a first time gamer, that is still of quality?

Thanks

Mz Budget

• Hello @MzBudget and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. We can provide some suggestions, but what is your budget or threshold? Is it $700, $800 or $1,000? Let us know.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99