GPU Upgrade for Core i7-7700K

I'm looking ahead to the Microsoft Flight Sim release expected later this year and it's time to replace the GTX 1050 Ti in my system. CPU is Core i7-7700K.  16GB RAM. Monitors are two 1080p with HDMI. I'm trying to pick a GPU that will balance with my CPU and provide 2 HDMI (or 1 HDMI and 1 DVI) outputs.  I've been looking at the EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card.  Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!!

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2020
    Hello @twdixon! Welcome to the Community. The 1660ti would be a solid upgrade over the 1050ti, although I will say that with the prices the 1660ti is currently listed, I would jump to something like the EVGA RTX 2060 KO or an RX 5600XT. They're only about $20 more than the cheaper 1660ti models and will have a pretty solid performance increase.

I mention the EVGA 2060 KO specifically because it's by far the best deal on an RTX 2060: the other RTX 2060 models are typically a fair bit more expensive and not worth the cost increase. 
  • TSTonyV. Would you suggest a system with the same GPU and an i3-8100. Would you still recommend the same upgrade to the GPU or something else?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    It depends on what kind of games you're playing I think. The 7700k is still an all around really good gaming processor. It's not the kind like it used to be, but it wouldn't be a bottleneck for anything except the high end GPUs. The i3-8100 on the otherhand, is would be pretty underpowered by today's standards for gaming. 

It depends on what exactly you're doing, but I think in your case, I'd probably look at upgrading my CPU first. What kind of games are you playing?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99