Ryzen 5 2600 problems

I built my first PC about 5 months ago and this has been an issue since the beginning. My new Ryzen 5 2600 would boot at 3.4ghz but after an hour of use or a few minutes of CSGO I would see the frames drop or the speed drop, I then saw that my CPU was running at 0.600 Ghz in task manager and 0.500 Ghz in ryzenmaster. I could fix the issue by disabling PROCHOT in ryzen master but I'm getting tired of that and just want it to work normally. could it be CPU or motherboard (aorus b450 elite) problem? 

Answers

• One question have you been overclocking the CPU?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    First thing I'd do before anything is download/reinstall the chipset drivers for your motherboard, and restore any BIOS defaults if you played around with any overclocking like BubbleMax mentioned. Also make sure Windows is set to balanced or max performance for its power setting. 

Also do a Clean Boot, to make sure no background services are running that are affecting your performance either. 

The last resort software troubleshooting steps would be to complete uninstall and reinstall the game, or reinstall Windows entirely. 

You could also try a BIOS update if that doesn't do it. 
  • BubbleMax said:
    One question have you been overclocking the CPU?
    No I have not, it came this way
  • TSTonyV said:
    First thing I'd do before anything is download/reinstall the chipset drivers for your motherboard, and restore any BIOS defaults if you played around with any overclocking like BubbleMax mentioned. Also make sure Windows is set to balanced or max performance for its power setting. 

Also do a Clean Boot, to make sure no background services are running that are affecting your performance either. 

The last resort software troubleshooting steps would be to complete uninstall and reinstall the game, or reinstall Windows entirely. 

I have done all of those, every single thing you mentioned and it's still an issue
  • TSTonyV said:

I have done all of those, every single thing you mentioned and it's still an issue
  • Have you monitored the temps for your CPU to see if it's just hitting really high temps and thermal throttling?  
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99